cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activation

Jem709
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've entered the 19 digit number 5x to activate after being delivered few days ago and still saying it's invalid. How can I contact public mobile by phone

7 REPLIES 7

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM does not have call centres and this is how they can provide low cost services. The community and moderators will solve any service issues. Moderators will solve the complicated issues which arise. With this very common issue, you must contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket. Moderator wait times can be a few hours or sooner, or into next day, from my experience.

@Jem709 wrote:

incognito mode 

Have you resolved the issue?

Or are you asking about incognito mode? Incognito mode is also referred to as private browsing.

To start it, click the three-dotted icon in the top right corner of the screen. Select New Incognito Window and start your session.

Jem709
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

incognito mode 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Jem709 wrote:

I've entered the 19 digit number 5x to activate after being delivered few days ago and still saying it's invalid. How can I contact public mobile by phone

Try clearing your browser cache and open a new tab using incognito mode.

If you tried to activate recently, wait 1 hour before trying again in case the SIM number is still locked from a previous attempt/session.

If you always get the same "invalid SIM" error, then it could be that this SIM was already activated (possibly by someone else in error). Contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

@Jem709 

You might want to check your credit card to make sure you were not already charged.  If charged for 1st month service, you can try to put SIM card in the phone.  

As you wait for moderator, you could try again with a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone unlocked. ?

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!" 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Jem709 you can't,  only way is to click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot. Then the moderators will get back to you! Did it say invalid Sim number the very first time you tried it? 

Need Help? Let's chat.