cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim From 6S To iphone 13 Won't Work

JosephP99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I've been using an iphone 6s for many years and just bought an iphone 13 pro. When installing the Sim my cellular network won't work. What do I do?

12 REPLIES 12

JosephP99

Ok I fixed the problem. Kind is stupid but… definitely share this if anyone else has this issue. iPhone 6s- sim slot is on the right so the gold chip faces down. iPhone 13 Pro- sim slot is on the left so now the gold chip needs to face UP. I assumed it would face down so I flipped it downward. So I installed the SIM card with the gold chip facing up now cellular connection is back. Thanks to all who took the time to troubleshoot with me. 

JosephP99

I appreciate the input. As I said before my sons iphone12 communicated with the new 13 so I don’t think it’s the device. I sent a private message to CS Agent. Chatbox wasn’t working for me. 

@JosephP99 wrote:

Best Buy marketplace. 

@JosephP99   not to scare you, but I heard different stories about BB marketplace.  Couple people posted their experience here before

Again, open ticket with PM Support to get an official words from them first

In the meantime, you can also try different active sim on this phone and see if you have any luck

JosephP99

Best Buy marketplace. 

@JosephP99   did you get it from BestBuy or via BestBuy marketplace?

Anyway, open ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm why the phone is not connecting.   

Also, put the PM sim card in another phone to confirm the sim card is working.   

JosephP99

I checked both imei numbers it’s not blacklisted. Bought it from Best Buy online. My son has a 12 and it picked up his phone to transfer his number. Only difference: he’s with Bell. 

@JosephP99   I have a feeling the phone might be blacklisted.  The blacklisted site you check might be delay compare with PM/Telus database.  Also, your iPhone have 2 IMEIs there, one for eSim and one for physical sim, you sure you put in the IMEI for the physical slot? (if you are unsure, put both IMEIs to check)

Again, where you got the phone from?  did you buy via private sell or trusted source?

To be certain you can open ticket with PM to confirm again when the phone is not connecting.  But again, if you used other active sim card and got the same result, it's the device issue

To open ticket with PM :

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JosephP99

It says no sim restrictions. A previous post said the sos message showed up. That’s what I got. 

@JosephP99 wrote:

I’ve tried another active SIM card. Doesn’t work. Phone isn’t blacklisted. Message I got on the phone said sim is not supported. 

@JosephP99   if you tried to use another sim card and it still does not work, it is a phone issue

Where did you get the phone from?  Maybe bring it back and have it examined first

Update: read your post again and saw you said "Sim is not supported", check this

When your iPhone says SIM is not supported, it usually means that your second-hand iPhone or even a new iPhone is locked to a carrier. You can go to Settings > General > About > Find Carrier Lock and check if it shows No SIM restrictions, then your iPhone is unlocked.

JosephP99

I’ve tried another active SIM card. Doesn’t work. Phone isn’t blacklisted. Message I got on the phone said sim is not supported. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JosephP99 

Try rebooting your phone by powering it off then back on.

If you bought the phone privately, I agree with @softech and check whether the iPhone 13 Pro is Blacklisted (stolen/lost) or not.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JosephP99   They both use nano sim card and it should work easily after you put your sim card into the new phone

Where did you buy the iPhone 13?.  was it from trusted source?

Check if the phone is blacklisted here first:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

if it is clean, then try to put another active sim card into the new iPhone 13 and see if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.