Rosshughes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been 12 days and I haven`t received my sim card

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

Something must be wrong.

@BEER - why should something be wrong, it has only been 12 days. Wonder if that includes weekends?

@Rosshughes - Public states over if 10 business days then contact customer support to let them know. So, you still may receive it. If/When you do keep it as a spare or give it for a referral or friend activation.

If you go through public customer support to let them know you haven't received it, it is possible they will credit your account the SIM card amount you pay at a corporate store. Perhaps keep the receipt if it is asked for.

Rosshughes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks I`ll give it a try.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's the POST Office fault. We here in the GTA regularly receive other persons mail that we promptly either hand deliver to neighbour or just drop in the CP mail box. Just recently ordered a MOEN shower unit that was shipped by them by CP special delivery with signature required. We never did receive the package and after speaking to one of the many POST delivery persons -- she explained that because they are understaffed for smaller packages that would fit in the mail box they don't bother getting the signature. In my opinion, understaffed has nothing to do with doing ones job properly --- but that's unions for you (give them a cookie then they will ask for milk) .After much hassle MOEN did sent me a replacement without opening a case with Canada Post because as the MOEN agent explained - it would be too time consuming and a major hassle.  Courier service is the way to go! 

@Meow   unfortunately it is like that. 

the other day, I order 2 cards on the same day sending to same address (different order).  One made it within a week, one was lost on the way and I need to open ticket with support to get them re-send.  The re-send one did arrive in the end.  It is what it is, so I try to ask people to buy in person or buy from Amazon if they want to buy online

@softech wrote:

@Rosshughes 

Sim card delivery from PM online could be as many as 3 weeks

WHY we always have this issue?

How much money PM would 'lose' if they send SIM by registered mail and make customers happy? PM can negotiate postage rate with Canada Post and have win-win situation.

If retailer can sell SIM at discount ($6 or less vs $10) it means SIM cost is almost negligible so PM will NOT be at the loss and gain more customers.

@BEER wrote:

most likely they would give you a free ne SIM card.

PS Most likely depending on the mood of the sales clerk.

@BEER 

For sure, Telus or Koodo store won't give you free PM sim card.  They are selling the PM sim card for Public Mobile

They might give you free Telus or Koodo sim card if you activate with them (on the Telus/Koodo network)

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Something must be wrong. I received my free PM SIM card within 5 days from date ordered . In your situation instead of going through the time consuming frustration of opening up a customer service ticket, you would be better of visiting a TELUS store and after explains the situations , most likely they would give you a free ne SIM card.

PS Most likely depending on the mood of the sales clerk.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rosshughes 

Sim card delivery from PM online could be as many as 3 weeks

However, since it has been over 12 days, you can open ticket with PM support to confirm if they got the order and if the sim card is on the way

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Sim card order", then click "Contact Us",  then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.