cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card unable to be programmed

Chiny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I moved into a Condo with a buzz code and after I provided my cell phone number with Edmonton dial code (587), the residential customer service was unable to program my buzz in code stating that I need to provide a cell phone number with local/Calgary code as am currently in Calgary. So my question is "Is there a way to change my local domain to Calgary so that the number becomes local or what should I do in this situation?

10 REPLIES 10

@Chiny  There are three area codes that service calgary (587) (825) (403) the oldest one is (403) and likely the hardest one to get when choosing a new number. It has 614 exchanges ( the second set of 3 digits). Confirm with the condo management which area code and/or exchanges are preferable to work with your intercom system.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Chiny 

You should see something like this:

area.jpg

Chiny

Thank you for the website. I just checked it and noticed that the second set of numbers 879 is for newfoundland and Labrador but when i choose this number it was under Edmonton so am confused as to how the numbering goes

@Chiny wrote:

Hi,

Since it will be a different number, do I get a new sim card or will it be automatically changed with the sim card I have now and what about my active plan?

Hi, have a look at this hdi. Use same sim card. Plan will be the same.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

Chiny

Hi,

Since it will be a different number, do I get a new sim card or will it be automatically changed with the sim card I have now and what about my active plan?

@Chiny wrote:

Hi,

to be sure i understand you correctly, If i change the number does it mean that the old one i have will be deactivated in order to use the new number seeing that the digits are different or will it be the same phone number?

It will be a completely different number.

Chiny

Hi,

to be sure i understand you correctly, If i change the number does it mean that the old one i have will be deactivated in order to use the new number seeing that the digits are different or will it be the same phone number?

@Chiny  It may be difficult to get the calgary area codes accepted by the intercom system. It is easiest in the early mornings to scroll thru the phone number options in your account. (Change number) There will be more options at that time...it also may take a few days to achieve the area codes that are accepted....or a little bit of luck. Make sure you find out which codes are accepted as you can only change your number once everything days.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chiny You would have to change your phone number from within your self service account. You can do this once per 30 day cycle. See screenshot below on where to do it. 

20200325_014121.jpg

Also Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if the number you choose is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

Stay safe 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Chiny you could get a local number if you go into self serve and change number

Need Help? Let's chat.