cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card compatibility

KamloopsRon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've just upgraded my service to the 34 dollar canada/usa plan, 5G. I know I'll have to upgrade my samsung s9 to a newer phone to have ability to use the 5G network speed capability .

My question - Will I also have to upgrade my SIM card to allow operation at 5G speeds?

I expect my current SIM will work in my new phone but will it work at the 5G speeds.

3 REPLIES 3

@KamloopsRon wrote:

I've just upgraded my service to the 34 dollar canada/usa plan, 5G. I know I'll have to upgrade my samsung s9 to a newer phone to have ability to use the 5G network speed capability .

My question - Will I also have to upgrade my SIM card to allow operation at 5G speeds?

I expect my current SIM will work in my new phone but will it work at the 5G speeds.

All Public Mobile SIM cards work on all Public Mobile plans and all networks that are accessible to Public Mobile customers.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@KamloopsRon 

No need to switch SIM cards.  You current SIM will work with new phone with new 5G speeds.  

Even though you don't have a 5G phone right now, you actually still may get faster data speeds with this new plan.  The reason is 5G plans are throttled at 250 Mbps while LTE plans at 100 Mbps.  

Need Help? Let's chat.