cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up today and Agent Missed Autopay

AnnualCalendar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

So I signed up today for the $40 plan.  Very excited to join this community.  The agent at Walmart just skipped through a number of steps in my registration and didn't select autopay, hence charging me $40 instead of $38.  I realize this is $2, but it is $2 that is completely not my fault.  If anything I'd like to complain about the reps and how they don't bother to explain your choices to you.  I really don't find that acceptable, and I can only imagine how many other people are paying an extra $2 per month because no one bothered to go through all of the fine details with them.

Cheers,

Justin

9 REPLIES 9

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to PM OP!

lspring
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As was mentioned in one of the replies here, it will be applied to the next bill. But, to make sure the autopay option is registered, go to your profile and sign up with autopay maually.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnnualCalendar Sorry to hear about your poor experience at the Walmart location.  I believe in order to be able to "file a complaint" you would need the reps name, manager name, and store location/store #, and then message the MODS with that info.  Depending on how bad the service was and what they did or didn't do, then PM may or may not get in touch with that location.  With that said, you have to keep in mind these reps have I believe no incentive to activate this service for you.  PM is a "DIY" provider, generally customers should just be going to the store to buy the SIM CARD and that's it.  I would never recommend allowing the rep to set it up because it's literally 3 or 4 screens and simple to go through.  

Walmart reps I'm sure skip a lot of steps and just want to get the activation over with because they have zero incentive, and that's why they don't bother explaining anything, in essence they expect PM potential customers to already know what they want and how it works because they would have done the research already.  I don't completely blame the reps for acting the way they do since PM does not provide them with any incentives, and to be honest I prefer PM not to provide any incentive because I don't want the prices going up.  PM is not for everyone, unfortunately if you're a customer with PM you have to learn to do things on your own and figure things out, and if needed get support from this Community Forum or MODS.

Have you confirmed in your self-service account that the AutoPay is enabled?  If the rep did miss the AutoPay setup, you still will not get the $2 for your first month.  If you need to manually add your AutoPay information, do it now before your next renewal to ensure you get it from here on out.

AnnualCalendar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perfect, that was the answer I was looking for.  Thanks!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@AnnualCalendar wrote:

Hi Guys,

So I signed up today for the $40 plan.  Very excited to join this community.  The agent at Walmart just skipped through a number of steps in my registration and didn't select autopay, hence charging me $40 instead of $38.  I realize this is $2, but it is $2 that is completely not my fault.  If anything I'd like to complain about the reps and how they don't bother to explain your choices to you.  I really don't find that acceptable, and I can only imagine how many other people are paying an extra $2 per month because no one bothered to go through all of the fine details with them.

Cheers,

Justin

You will always be charged the full plan price the first month.  On your first renewal you will get doubleautpay rewards so if you are on a 30 day plan you will get $4 off of your first renewal for autopay.  

You should login to your selfserve and verify  that you have autopay setup.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Shiniestknight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's really unfortunate, but since the Walmart workers don't work for Public Mobile, and not technically even Walmart, there isn't much PM can do. They're pretty much just walking you through the process with the same resources that you have at home. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome.

You don't get it immediately. It will deduct off your charges at renewal time.

Need Help? Let's chat.