cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I registered a new number with an email. I also have a previous existing phone number under another email. If I let my previous phone number expire, is there a way to move my new number under previous old email?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@smdannie wrote:

Hi

I registered a new number with an email. I also have a previous existing phone number under another email. If I let my previous phone number expire, is there a way to move my new number under previous old email?

Thanks

You may be less confused than I about responses to your question than I. So, at the risk of confusing things more, it's my understanding that you are correct - let old number/account expire and reuse the email address on a new account. BUT you would need to wait 90 days after expiry for the account/email address to be completely deleted.

Once the old email address has been freed you can change the second self serve account login email address to it. 

Probably simpler to use an alias of your prime email address to open the new account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smdannie wrote:

thanks Drunkgirl

just to make it clear what I'm asking:

I have an original account with number say 111-111-1111 under the email aaa@hotmail.com

I then signed up a new numer sa 222-222-2222 under the email bbb@hotmail.com

Now I'm going to let the 111 number expire and would like to move my 222 number under the aaa email account.

When I log in to either account, I see there's the option to change "sim card" under that account. Can I just switch the sim cards under the two accounts? I haven't done so because I don't know what would happen and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

Unless you already have the 222 number already activated at PM you can just port your 222 number over the 111 number.

If you already have both numbers in PM, you can port your 222 number to another provider and port it back to PM over the 111 number.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smdannie wrote:

thanks Drunkgirl

I have an original account with number say 111-111-1111 under the email aaa@hotmail.com

Now I'm going to let the 111 number expire and would like to move my 222 number under the aaa email account.

When I log in to either account, I see there's the option to change "sim card" under that account. Can I just switch the sim cards under the two accounts? I haven't done so because I don't know what would happen and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

@smdannieYes I understand what you are saying, but when 111-aaa expires the account is no longer accessible by you, the number is released from your account and becomes available after X days to the public but we don't know the in's and out's this deeply of how the programmers designed the system but we do know in some form or another businesses keep records and while it may appear deleted, it may just be forever an inactive account for you or somewhere the system may store that account number and personal information including your e-mail address for auditing / tax purposes. If the e-mail is forever locked on that account you may not be able to ever reuse or change it. In the digital world when you replace a field, it does not store the old field, except in the case of passwords where it will no longer let you use a previously created password for security puposes but thats above and beyond what we are talking about. You should in theory be able to change 111-aaa to 111-ccc then change 222-bbb to 222-aaa as the system should have no record of aaa anywhere.

If your idea fails, you can't try anything else.

Your suggestion should be done as a last resort if all else fails

You want to first try the method that leaves all other options open.

If my option does not work, you can always hope for yours when the account expires

If your option does not work, you can never try others as you canno't access the account.

The sim idea would be of no help.

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks Drunkgirl

Thanks

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smdannie wrote:

Hi

Thanks

@smdannieOne option may be to make a 3rd e-mail, then on the previous account change the e-mail on self serve (username) and contact the moderator team to change the official e-mail on the back-end. Once that is done, then try to replace that info using the same method to the new account. Most of the time when an account expires and is said to be deleted the login name / e-mail / account details actually stays forever but is unreachable to the user and will not allow any future accounts to use the same login or e-mail address for various database and privacy reasons. Since public mobile keeps all records long after your account is "deleted" that e-mail address may be forever locked to that account. Of course I have no idea how public mobile has been configured I would use your method which takes 90+ days after expiry as a last resoirt solution and try my method first as it can be done right now while everything is still active, that is what I would do. Unless someone else has a better idea or experience to share.

Need Help? Let's chat.