cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gordiez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Start date i tried to set up account back on june 27 but it wouldnt accept my sim number after several attempts. I gave up and continued with my 7 11 plan.  Today i decided to try again (july 19.) To my surprise i discovered i was set up all along! Is there any way to change my start date so I'm not paying for nearly a month I wasn't on?

8 REPLIES 8

@BearFBI 

I absolutely agree..... l was helping a friend port their number from virgin and tried to seek help from their community ...that was a colossal waste of time as was trying to reach a human on the phone. We ended up getting the help we needed here to successfully port in the number.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maximum_gato As much as PM is a prepaied service and Prepaied Sevcies dont do refunds, Public Mobile is still awesome at understanding the customer and doing things that arent possible for a prepaied service. This is what I love about the moderators. 

I talked to Virgin Mobile support because my friend forgot his password to his prepaied account. I was on the phone all day trying to make them unlock it. It turns out that the reps I got weren't trained and the final rep knew what to do. I was waiting on the phone for hours. I went through at least 15 reps and they were all terrible.

With the moderators you message them and they reply in about half an hour and can probably fix your problem faster.

@Gordiez 

Im happy to hear the moderator team gave you a credit.....it just goes to show how much public mobile cares about its customers. And we are happy customers......welcome to public mobile!

Gordiez

It was 3 weeks difference! But no matter. PM gave me a credit to make up for lost time! Happy now. 🙂

Gordiez

No screen shots unfortunately. All I know is it kept saying something like " oops! Something went wrong" and the sim number was highlighted. 

Not a happy customer at this point!

I wouldn't have even tried it today if I didn't get an email from pm telling me I need to start an account to select auto pay to save $2 a month.

Anyway it is what it is.

Thanks anyway.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gordiez wrote:

Start date i tried to set up account back on june 27 but it wouldnt accept my sim number after several attempts. I gave up and continued with my 7 11 plan.  Today i decided to try again (july 19.) To my surprise i discovered i was set up all along! Is there any way to change my start date so I'm not paying for nearly a month I wasn't on?

Welcome to PM!

Sorry to hear you were actually connected when you thought you were not for a few weeks. Agreed, it is no fun paying for something you did not even know you had.

Unfortunately, this is a prepaid service (you pay ahead for the month to come) and any back date credits are unlikely. Unless you have emails or some screens shots of what you experienced that made you believe you did not have an account, which you could provide the Moderator_Team to look into, you can contact them here 

link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gordiez wrote:

Almost certainly not. Perhaps you could have come here back then for ideas and suggestions when you first had problems. Alas.

It would be a huge goodwill gesture ask to ask them for a credit. But one never knows do one. See what they might say.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gordiez 

Unfortunately unable to change your start date.  Sometimes, the activation works even with issues.  PM is prepaid system, so no refund or prorated plans.

Luckily it was only 2 days difference.  

Need Help? Let's chat.