cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Code #79013 from Mimecast in Canada not working

fcandia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At our company we use an email security company named Mimecast. When we log into their system they send us a text message for two-factor authentication.  In Canada the short code number Mimecast uses is # 79013. These messages work fine with other telco carriers, however, with Public Mobile they failed to be delivered. How can we get #79013 on the Short Codes list?

Thanks,

Frank

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fcandia  Did you port your number from another provider? If yes, is it possible to setup your 2FA again to see if you can receive the initial signup text. In the past that is what I had to do to receive verification codes from other vendors.

@fcandia PM does not do a good job supporting short codes. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Question-about-quot-Short-Codes-quot-...

Do not expect a quick resolution. Best to make alternative arrangements.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fcandia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't understand how we can use the full phone number? We don't have a choice in this matter. They are the ones that send us the text, not us to them. We only receive their text via 79013 for the authentication code. We don't text them. We urgently need this working as we use them for work purposes. Thanks for your help.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fcandia wrote:

At our company we use an email security company named Mimecast. When we log into their system they send us a text message for two-factor authentication.  In Canada the short code number Mimecast uses is # 79013. These messages work fine with other telco carriers, however, with Public Mobile they failed to be delivered. How can we get #79013 on the Short Codes list?

Thanks,

Frank

Updating the shortcode list within the next few weeks, thanks for flagging.

For now you should use the full phone number as provided on here: https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

Need Help? Let's chat.