cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe issues with my service since day 1

Davidburgess
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up online for your 60gb plan and downloaded a esim to my phone. Since day one  when you call or text my number my phone would never ring. If you called it some lady with an India accent would answer saying this number was hers. It's also telling me that I have to log into the public mobile Internet and I haven't used any data what so ever so how can I be out of data? I can call out and send text messages can't get anything back no matter what I do

Somehow by downloading an esim I'm tied into someone else's account. My service has not worked properly for me since day 1. I'm on call for work and have almost lost my job because they can never reach me when I'm supposed to go in. 

I switched from Virgin (which I never had a problem with) to public mobile because of the deal  60gb for 65$ plan and have had nothing but problems. I've lost 8-10 times what I paid for the service in lost hours at work since I can't ever receive a call or text message.

Not impressed at all and I really need some help here! 

Thanks for your time,

Dave Burgess

12 REPLIES 12

Davidburgess

Thanks a lot to everyone that tried to help me out with this, much appreciated. Sent mssg to @CS_Agent waiting for reply...

I'll let you know how it goes 😏

Davidburgess

No number shows up in my phone indicating the info from the ESIM. It's just blank.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Davidburgess 

That is weird, what does the registered number on your phone indicate?

When a number has been cancelled by the previous owner. The number is returned to the carrier that assigned the number of then it will be put on hold for 90 days before it is offered for new members to pick the number.

I would suggest you private message a CS_Agent to investigate at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Ultimately, you may have to pick another new number with the agent or just login your account and pick a new number. You can change your number 3 or 4 times/month (don’t recall the maximum number of times).

Again, on this site @Davidburgess you are chatting with other customers just like you.

We have absolutely no ability nor discretion to do anything account related.

Please reach out to the customer support staff this way:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Davidburgess

Can I talk to someone to give me a credit for what I paid so far? All the missed work I don't have the extra money to set it up all over again.

This is the key here. As already suggested, just pick another number. You picked a number that belongs to somebody else already. Happens. Just pick again.

Davidburgess

That's fine to do but id like a service credit for the money I paid so far or just start me off with a free month, shouldn't have to pay for something that doesn't work right ? 

Davidburgess

Never had a sim card in when I set it up with public mobile. Also after I left Virgin mobile I factory reset my phone before I started the sign up with you guys 

@Davidburgess 

OK. Then try reaching out to customer support at the information I gave in my initial post.

Just for your info, you’re dealing here with other customers just like you, not Public Mobile employees. While we can help troubleshoot some issues we have no access to the account or the backend processes involved in your service.

I suppose another option would be for you to go into your self-serve profile and simply change your number to another one. This is something which can be done by the individual user up to four times per cycle. Go under your profile tab and personal information to do that.

Davidburgess

I did not pprt my number it's a brand new number you guys gave me when I activated it online 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Davidburgess 

you picked a new number when you activated?

yes, it is a telus system glitch.  You picked a number that was owned by someone else

But you can have this fixed by picking a new number.  Login My Account, Profile, and then click pencil to the right of your phone number and then choose a new number.   And no worries, the mess up won't happen again

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Davidburgess 

if you were porting your number here from another provider, did you reply yes to the port authorization request while your other provider Sim card was in your device?

and did you do this within 90 minutes of receiving the text?

if yes to the above questions, contact customer support and let them know your issue

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.