cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup

Joe328
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I ordered sim and subscribed. However my daughter needs phone working right away so I went to purchase a sim. I have sim but before I activate my daughter wants to change plan to 1gb from 250mb. Can you do that before I activate?

26 REPLIES 26

Joe328

I asked them in a PM and they credited me the bonus $10.

They take a while to respond but they do respond and do what it right. It's a budget plan. If I need anything more I think there are better deals out there. But I do like it that if my daughter use up the data there can't be surcharge be using more data because they cut you off.

@Joe328 wrote:

They did it gave me 15 credit and I had to pay difference. Couldn't port number over but whatever daughter doesn't get a calls and number was hard to remember.

I didn't get referral bonus though. Not sure how that works.

@Joe328 referral-a-friend bonus is supposed to arrive in your available funds balance within 72 hours after activating.

So, since you purchased your plan and were charged before having the SIM card have you been able to log into your My Account? If so, what does the plan start and end dates say,  i'm curious how this new process works.

Joe328

Hmmm they still charged me for the sim card that's in the mail. Spent almost 3 hours dealing with this. I dunno have to see if the savings are worth it.

Joe328

They did it gave me 15 credit and I had to pay difference. Couldn't port number over but whatever daughter doesn't get a calls and number was hard to remember.

I didn't get referral bonus though. Not sure how that works.

@Joe328  Hoping you’re gonna be able to tell us that or if you need support to do it . I’ve only got experiences picking plan on activation . Not Half activate pay up front do the rest later thing a ma jig they got going on now . I also wear two socks at once and out both on in the morning not one in the am and the other after midnight ;/

Joe328

I did and I went to purchase it. I guess I will get another sim card in the mail.... i don't know why they charge for the plan. do they give you the option to change while activating?

@Joe328  Usually with in 10 business days but can be as long as 3 weeks . That’s why Amazon can be a good place to order from also . But personally I just go to a local Telus Koodo store and pick up . Best to call round for availability thou because many don’t have them . But your almost there support will get back to ya no worries 

@Joe328   it could come quicker than what it used to as it is now part of the activation.  But PM has been using Canada Post to ship and without tracking.  I am not sure if they are improving the sim fulfilment now, hope support can confirm on that

Joe328

This is painful, online says shipped in 2 business days. Didn't think it would be 3 week. CS agant is trying to help but he checks messages every 30 mins..... so slow.....

Well that would make more sense . But still hard to get my head around 

@Handy1 I am not 100% sure, but I think the cycle will start when you fully activated the account, ie, after you got the sim "3 weeks" later. LoL

@Handy1 but to execute this new concep perfectly, PM should start shipping the sim with tracking and try to make the sim arrives in 2 days like Prime shipping.  

@softech  It’s interesting because with PM pre paid no refunds that this would almost be like a refund . Only no data been used yet so that makes it easier to get reversed . But you loosing days of service if wait for said SIM card which we know can take 3 weeks to arrive iLOL

@Joe328  Yes pls let us know how you make out with support . I’m just in awe right now 

@Handy1 honest, it is an interesting idea, great concept for Telus

For those impulsive buying, PM will get the money first and no worry you change mind because you don't have a sim on hand

@softech  And I’ve set up accounts Since new up date . But still hand sim in hand . Saw the esim business but no Ty stay far away from that . Prefer physical sim anyways . Well that just gonna cause more problems then good I think 

@Handy1- I'm going by what people are asking here like this thread. It's yet another ridiculous thing around here. It doesn't make sense. I suppose a time limited promo it might be useful as you say but there's such a thing as stores. I'm amazed how many people order things online. I don't like waiting.

@Joe328 wrote:

yes credit card got charged $28 already. But i havent activated the sim card yet.

@Joe328  message support and they should be able to "upgrade" the plan for you. 

Please remember to report back and let us know how it goes

@Joe328  So you choose the $25 plan to make $28 after tax or is it $15 plan $10 SIM card make $28 after tax . Either way maybe you need talk to support first see if it can be changed before activation . I’d be afraid of activating twice now . Not sure how the system know how to pick up back where you were in the activation process . Did you complete a ever safe ID too already before hand or definitely didn get to pick number yet I assume or option to port one over 

@Handy1 wrote:

@softech  Wait so can people pay for a plan before activating a SIM card now . Did this just change with system update 

@Handy1  the new system is, when you activate, they will give you choice of:

1. eSIM ($5)
  2. you have a sim ($0)
  3. you don't have a sim and they will ship you one ($10) (I am not sure if you can choose to pick up in store)

Whatever you picked, you go to the payment step, and pay first

They they ask you go download the app (if you didn't start with an app).  If you don't have a sim yet, the activation will be "paused" and you wait for your sim to come.  And yes, you already paid and just not fully activated yet

Joe328

yes credit card got charged $28 already. But i havent activated the sim card yet.

@dust2dust  So it’s true people can do this now . Only good thing I guess so you never miss a promotion . But I’ve only ever activated with SIM in hand with any carrier . So that different can’t ever see myself doing it in two steps like that . Certainly only makes more confusion 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm really not liking this method of getting in to the whole activation and paying but then waiting for the sim to arrive.

@softech  Wait so can people pay for a plan before activating a SIM card now . Did this just change with system update 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joe328 usually PM is prepaid and cannot make change like this.  

BUT, since your plan has not been fully activated yet, there is a chance support can help. Please open ticket with support using direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Joe328  You need a SIM  card to activate and choose the plan . If you’re have  paid for a plan before activating this is new to me . And if that’s the case you can just change to that plan for next renewal . Check you credit card have you been charged for more then a SIM card ? Otherwise if this is the very first activation choose what ever plan you please and no worries 

Need Help? Let's chat.