cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up new client

CdnSk8r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • I shared a friend referral to a friend who wants to set up a new Public Mobile account. Now using an iPhone with physical SIM card but can accommodate as well an eSIM. Wants to port her current mobile # from a provider. 

Needs to know the the steps to a flawless new account set up. E.g., start process on a computer or use phone app; how to still receive authorization by txt for porting current telephone # prior to process of either a physical SIM card or an eSIM. 

3 REPLIES 3

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CdnSk8r 

Start off with the knowledge articles that have been provided.  

I would just download the PM app on the phone and directly activate on the App.  If you start on the website, you still need to download the app to finish off activation anyways.  

Keep her original carrier SIM card in the phone until you receive the port confirmation text. 

For port, I would recommend using original carrier account number, account holder name and phone number.  Avoid IME if possible since incorrect IME leads often to port failures. 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CdnSk8r - Use the app, also you will need another email address.

Also use Account number instead of IMEI.

Also keep the old providers SIM card inserted and disabling Public Mobile eSIM / SIM until your old providers sim has No Service / SOS Only / Emergency Calls Only.

And if SMS 2FA / any SMS sending / receiving doesn't work, please contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714928433715.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.