cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my phone

niitsit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not working, it says "unregistered SIM".  How can this be when I set up everything as requested.  

You were supposed to cancel my landline and it is still working.  What is going on?

6 REPLIES 6

niitsit

it is not blacklisted

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@niitsit 

Check to see if your device is blacklisted...

niitsit

have a new account

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@niitsit wrote:

My phone is not working, it says "unregistered SIM".  How can this be when I set up everything as requested.  

You were supposed to cancel my landline and it is still working.  What is going on?

Unregistered means sim card was not activated or was active before and was cancelled. Is this a new account?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@niitsit, did you port in your landline as part of activation?  It can take several days for a landline port to complete.  In the mean time, the landline account will remain/must remain active.  The Public Mobile account will be functional in the mean time.  When you login to the self serve, does the account show as active.  If not, then something failed during activation.  Account related issues must be directed to the moderator team for resolution.  The community can assist with suggestions for non account related problems.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you activate your sim.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.