cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up data

LynxKitties
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello people, I'm having an issue setting up my data. I have a new account, just got it yesterday. I have an old iphone 6s from 2017

the help article says:

"Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:
1) Tap:
Settings
Cellular
Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:
APN: SP.MB.COM
MMSC:
MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.183) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, reboot, and you’re good to go!"

I can change the APN, but under that setting "Cellular data network" I have the options to put in information for APN, username, and password, nothing else. It says nothing about MMSC or MMS Proxy. Will just changing the APN be enough? or do i need to download the profile from http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ ? And if I do need to download it, do I need to do anything else once the profile is downloaded or is that it?

4 REPLIES 4

byronrayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the information.  That is exactly what I was looking for.

LynxKitties
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@LynxKitties wrote:

Hello people, I'm having an issue setting up my data. I have a new account, just got it yesterday. I have an old iphone 6s from 2017

the help article says:

"Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:
1) Tap:
Settings
Cellular
Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info:
APN: SP.MB.COM
MMSC:
MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.183) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, reboot, and you’re good to go!"

I can change the APN, but under that setting "Cellular data network" I have the options to put in information for APN, username, and password, nothing else. It says nothing about MMSC or MMS Proxy. Will just changing the APN be enough? or do i need to download the profile from http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ ? And if I do need to download it, do I need to do anything else once the profile is downloaded or is that it?

When you are in-network settings also make sure to choose Public Mobile, My wife has an iPhone and I had to manually choose Public mobile even though it said it was automatic. 

Have a great weekend!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@LynxKitties with the iPhone's, reset your network settings. The correct network settings usually load for you. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

to reset the network settings on my Apple iPhone
  1. Touch Settings.
  2. Touch General.
  3. Scroll to and touch Reset.
  4. Touch Reset Network Settings.
  5. Touch Reset Network Settings.
  6. The iPhone will reboot. Once it turns on, the default network settings will be restored.

And don't forget to enable data, sms and mms to send and receive texts from Android phones. 

Need Help? Let's chat.