cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

Toy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can not phone because it says “no service” on the phone screen. I have checked my account it is alive and up to date

My other phone has no problems and I can use it all the time 

Any ideas? Need to get it fixed asap since my wife is using the phone. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Toy wrote:

Can not phone because it says “no service” on the phone screen. I have checked my account it is alive and up to date

My other phone has no problems and I can use it all the time 

Any ideas? Need to get it fixed asap since my wife is using the phone. 

self solution removed/solution reassigned

Toy

Sim card swooping solved the problem. Seems the simcard was not seated properly. 

THANK U FOR EVERY ONE'S CONTRIBUTION. 

REALLY PROUD OF ALL THE INPUT RECEIVED

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @Toy 

If you have tried a SIM swap and or a phone swap to eliminate any hardware issues, there are some other things that you can try. 

In self service, you can click on lost sim to pause service, turn off your phone, then after sometime (maybe a few minutes) restore service, turn on your phone.

If this option fails and you are in an area that typically has good cellular network coverage, you need to contact Public Mobile by creating a ticket for support

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Toy - you said your other phone as no problems, it is also a public mobile number/sim card? If so, that's good, rules out an issue in your area.

Has your wife's phone worked before, until now?  Has she tried toggling into/out of airplane mode?

Sometimes, just the act of removing the sim card, and maybe gently cleaning the contact points of the card, then inserting it back in the phone could help (if debris was lodged inside or it slightly shifted in the sim slot of the phone).

snelgrovekrp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It could be something as simple as the service where you are being spotty. I often have that issue in certain spots in my town. The coverage can come and go and is weaker in some areas. Try turning off your phone and turning it on again. If you're in your home try going to a higher level for better reception.

Toy

Bought from Orchards in Toronto trusted dealership have bought from them before with no problems

Toy

Did a reboot no joy

Bought 2021 from a trusted dealership. Not black Listed. Will do a sim card swop and report back

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Toy 

Did you just purchase this phone privately?

If so, it could be locked.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Toy   

did you try a phone reboot?

can you put another sim card in this phone and see if it works?

Also, put the PM sim from the phone you have problem to another phone and see if it works

For the phone that does not work, confirm if the phone is "clean" by checking if it was blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.