cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suspended, now I can't add a plan?

Sherlocat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Community,
Several days ago, my $35 plan service was suspended because I forgot to update my credit card details. Now, I am trying to renew with a $15 plan. I registered my new credit card into my account, and now I have $15 in my balance. But I can't seem to reset my plan. I click on 'Choose a new plan', but when I go to that page, there's nothing there, so I can't change anything. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

41 REPLIES 41

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sherlocat : I can't for the life of me see the need to reset your home network.

No need indeed @Anonymous 

@Sherlocat 

Already....well that was fast. I hope you enjoy your new service as much as I enjoy mine!

Sherlocat

@darlicious That was so incredibly kind of you to try and help me with all these details, but because I've just had such a nightmare experience with Public Mobile, and people here warned me that Koodo is just as bad, I have now switched to VirginPlus (got a referral link from my brother). Thank you so much, though! I wish I could give you 100 Bravos! 😻

@Sherlocat 

You were an existing customer before December 1st 2021 were you not? Did you not get a text from 4911 offering you the holiday gifts of a 2gb data add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes? If not then try texting YES to 4911 and hurry up and send a private message to customer support asking for them to be added to your account. Include the following info so that you might be able to have them added to your account before midnight eastern tonight.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sherlocat

@Anonymous Okay, thank you for explaining everything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : I otherwise carry a balance so I have a spent-out card on my account just to get the $2 off. The system never goes to the card so it doesn't matter....but the reward still happens.

The community is an unknown and fluctuating calculation. For all your activity here in your thread you may very well be looking at a $1 reward. It takes a lot of time and quality to get up to the $15. It's simply not worth it for the time. But most of us like helping people and seeing them on their way. The reward is just a little token from the company to say thanks for being helpful.

But all this might be changing in the next week. So stay tuned.

Sherlocat

@Anonymous  I know - I think they meant just to get the +$2 for autopay. I have no idea if that would work or not, but. Yeah, thank you for giving me a clear list of rewards.

How much do you have to participate in the forums to get $15 total? Is it counted by the number of posts, or the number of Bravos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : darlicious is offering a spent-out "credit" card gift card. You can't use it to pay for anything. You can pay into your account with other methods.

There are 4 kinds of rewards around here:

1. autopay - register a payment card and turn on autopay and you get $2 per term

2. loyalty - you get a $1 per term for each year you're here up to $5

3. referral - you get a $1 per term for each customer you bring in. For another 4 hours you can get an additional $5 per month for 6 months for one customer you bring in.

4. this here community where you can earn up to $15 per term for participating here.

This place has, over the last few years, given stuff to their existing customers. You will be getting a 2gb bucket of data and 500 minutes of selected international calling (including Canada/US) for this holiday year.

Sherlocat

@pkaraa wrote:

@Sherlocat see thats how fast you can learn here.  Koodo callback takes 3 hours to get a call from a person sitting across the globe and "taalking" to you in "Inglish" .

Happy new year folks.  See you tomorrow.

@pkaraa- You have a point. But doesn't Koodo also have an online community, like this one?  Hey, happy new year, and thanks for all the help! 😻

Sherlocat

@darlicious wrote:

@Sherlocat 

Lol...I wouldn't go near koodo with a ten foot pole...but hey that's me. You can make any decision you like but keep in mind unless you are going to koodo postpaid their prepaid accounts share the same back end system as public mobile. And you don't earn rewards or get nice holiday gifts from koodo.

If you decide to switch to paying with vouchers and you don't want to put a card registered for autopay I can give you number of a visa gift card with no balance that you can register for the autopay reward of $2. Just private message me and I will pass along the info.

Hi @darlicious 
Uh-oh - that's a very ominous warning! If the Koodo self-serve website works exactly the same as Public, that is very bad news indeed. 😾
What do you mean about rewards and holiday gifts? I don't know about this.
Also - that's a very kind offer on your part! (Let me think on this for a bit...)

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sherlocat see thats how fast you can learn here.  Koodo callback takes 3 hours to get a call from a person sitting across the globe and "taalking" to you in "Inglish" .

Happy new year folks.  See you tomorrow.

@Sherlocat 

Lol...I wouldn't go near koodo with a ten foot pole...but hey that's me. You can make any decision you like but keep in mind unless you are going to koodo postpaid their prepaid accounts share the same back end system as public mobile. And you don't earn rewards or get nice holiday gifts from koodo.

If you decide to switch to paying with vouchers and you don't want to put a card registered for autopay I can give you number of a visa gift card with no balance that you can register for the autopay reward of $2. Just private message me and I will pass along the info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : When you type the @ sign it will pop up a list of the users in the current thread. When you click the reply button at a particular post and type @ it will have that user at the top. You would otherwise have to start typing the username and their name will eventually appear for you to choose and complete. It can get messy at times with similar usernames.

Sherlocat

@Anonymous  Ohhhh cool - I did it! Thanks so much (and for the warning it might not work on the phone).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : You type an @ sign to tag someone. By default, that will give them a notification on the bell icon.

The quote function mostly doesn't work on a mobile browser. It should be fine on a desktop browser.

Sherlocat

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sherlocat wrote:

Thank you, I have corrected your name, pkaraa! (nice name)

Oh, I see you even added a diagram! That was very good of you.

But how do I tag people's names, and quote what they previously wrote?

Click the Reply tab / then find & click on the 3 little dots/ then find and click the quotation marks.

Hey, I did the quote thing. Thanks, hairbag1! How do I tag your name directly instead of typing it out?

@Sherlocat wrote:

Click the Reply tab / then find & click on the 3 little dots/ then find and click the quotation marks.

Sherlocat

pkaraa

Here 

pkaraa_0-1640995309415.png

pkaraa

@Sherlocat wrote:

I'm so sorry, pkaraa! I don't know how to edit mistakes in a previous post. Is that even possible in this forum?

Yes, it is possible. Click on the three horizontal dots on the right of your post and you should be able to edit. 

No worries.

Sherlocat

hairbag1,

Thanks so much for those links! I will totally look into Recharge and Ding. 😺

Sherlocat

I'm so sorry, pkaraa! I don't know how to edit mistakes in a previous post. Is that even possible in this forum?

pkaraa

@Sherlocat wrote:

pakaraa,

But like I said, this is literally not the only problem I have with the Self Serve site. (I do not have any problems with any other website!)

Incognito mode was built for a reason to make your browsing safe and secure upto certain extent. There is no harm using it for more secure features of certain site.

Its pkaraa ... 🙂

@Sherlocat....recharge.com or ding.com

Sherlocat

z10user4,

I'm too scared to go to the store (I've been sick for days, so I should not go out at all). Otherwise, I would get a Public top-up card. I've looked into every single online payment service I could find. Koho is extremely popular, but it's had some major financial and ethical scandals that made me afraid to trust them enough to sign up.

> Yes, sometimes the site goes a little wonky but there's really very little risk

> if you do it right. We just learn to wait a little while and it sorts itself out.

I'm afraid I am done waiting around, lol! Oh well, at least Incognito worked, thank gods for that.

Sherlocat

pkaraa,

But like I said, this is literally not the only problem I have with the Self Serve site. (I do not have any problems with any other website!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : This place can appear like in the movies as a "burner" phone. Your information doesn't need to be you. It's not verified. You can get those "credit" card gift cards to satisfy autopay and pay with it or one of those other reloadable ones like Koho but still look anonymous with both.

No identity. No "real" credit card.

Yes, sometimes the site goes a little wonky but there's really very little risk if you do it right. We just learn to wait a little while and it sorts itself out.

pkaraa

@Sherlocat wrote:

pkaraa,

Please see my reply to softech, above.

Read that @Sherlocat  then there could be something on all the computers you are using to access its secure site which is messing up with the secure "https" settings. Whenever there are pages which deals with credit cards info, there is a pre-requisites for malware, trojan check. It CAN be an issue.

For me in last three and half years with Public, I never had to use incognito mode. Yes I use chrome in normal mode. 

Sherlocat

pkaraa,

Please see my reply to softech, above.

Sherlocat

softech,

I don't think this is merely a browser cache issue, though. I just checked on more than one computer whether the Self Serve works. It does not work on Chrome except by going to Incognito Mode. This tells me the problem is definitely on Public Mobile's end. The site has always been very glitchy. I sometimes even end up on some page that is not for the consumer (looks like one of the company's internal pages). With all these bizarre issues, there's no way I can trust Public's Self Serve with my financial details anymore. That reminds me, I need to delete my new credit card details ASAP!

Yeah, S--S informed me that Koodo is also owned by Telus. But it's sure run very differently... Never heard a bad thing about Koodo or Telus. But Public is just so terrible all around, I don't even know why Telus bothers with it at all. 😿

Need Help? Let's chat.