cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suspended, now I can't add a plan?

Sherlocat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Community,
Several days ago, my $35 plan service was suspended because I forgot to update my credit card details. Now, I am trying to renew with a $15 plan. I registered my new credit card into my account, and now I have $15 in my balance. But I can't seem to reset my plan. I click on 'Choose a new plan', but when I go to that page, there's nothing there, so I can't change anything. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

41 REPLIES 41

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sherlocat wrote:

z10user4,

Oh, thankfully I didn't need to anything other than switch to Incognito Window on Chrome. I didn't even wipe my cookies or history or anything. Still, this is all completely ridiculous (why should I even have to switch to Incognito Mode to make Self Serve work properly?), and I am switching to Koodo STAT! 😹 Thank goodness for S--S's reply, or I'd still be dead in the water right now. Phew!

Incognito mode just drops your cookies and dont use cached items. 

If you ll clear your cookies and cache, it ll still work.

you are still free to move to Koodo ... lol

Sherlocat

Thank you for clarifying that Koodo is also owned by Telus. But I still believe it is very different from Public, because everyone I know LOVES Koodo. Never heard anything negative about their service. Whereas with Public, it has been one nightmare after another for me, from the very first day. Thank you for your help, and Happy New Year to you! 😺

Sherlocat

z10user4,

Yes, I understand I can't get my remaining service pro-rated. Thank you for clarifying, though.

@Sherlocat   Using Incognito mode is just a workaround.  the issue is more a local browser cache issue

Let us know how porting to Koodo turns out, afterall, Koodo and PM are both part of Telus family, pick one that suit your needs  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : Be aware that this is a prepaid service. If you port out then there's no pro-rated refund.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat 

you're welcome
glad to hear that is works,

Switching to Koodo your choose but just to you know public mobile and Koodo the are group of Telus company.

good lcuk and happy new year.

Sherlocat

z10user4,

Oh, thankfully I didn't need to anything other than switch to Incognito Window on Chrome. I didn't even wipe my cookies or history or anything. Still, this is all completely ridiculous (why should I even have to switch to Incognito Mode to make Self Serve work properly?), and I am switching to Koodo STAT! 😹 Thank goodness for S--S's reply, or I'd still be dead in the water right now. Phew!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat: I pretty much never use incognito here. It's just a workaround to try to get it working. Lots of variables with all the browsers out there.

Sherlocat

Dear S--S,

OMG - simply switching to an Incognito Window on Chrome finally made the Self Serve website work properly. The plan options showed up, and I was able to change my plan, and got my service working again. 💖 THANK YOU!!!

Also, I will _never_ trust Public Mobile again. Any website that can only work in Icognito Mode is not worth anything at all. It makes zero sense, it's completely outrageous! 😹 *Switching to Koodo ASAP now!* 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat : I can't for the life of me see the need to reset your home network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherlocat 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

Need Help? Let's chat.