cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suspended , cannot use payment voucher

fren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I have a payment voucher but my service has been suspended so *611 returns call not sent.  How can I restore my service so I can add funds from my payment voucher ?

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scoobi43 

You need to find out from the friend when last they renewed.

As a follow-on to that 647 number: I've been trying on several occasions throughout the days since posting it. With my cell and Telus WHP it rings and gives me that message. With TextNow it just rings. But I don't get to the IVR.

I guess it doesn't work. What brings it to my attention is that my Samsung S7 default dialer "converts" 611 to that number. Oh well. Sorry to muddy the waters.

Edit after your post: @scoobi43 : yeah it's 90 days from the day of suspension which is either from self-suspending using the lost/stolen method or at the end of a paid term and lack of payment. The clock starts. It does sound like the friends account has been fully deactivated by now.

scoobi43
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I just tried the 10 digit number again -- same message.  Her account probably has already been suspended.  She told me that she last made a payment mid-January -- and although I tried to explain that it was already beyond the 90-days by now, she thought that it wouldn't start counting until the following due date (since she always added $$ than her monthly fee).  Sigh!  She can use this voucher with her new SIM/account. 

Thanks for your help. 

@scoobi43  did you dial a 10 digit number? Please recheck and retry. It may mean that the account is already closed. And that she would have to start over when she returns to Canada.  New SIM and new email adress.

scoobi43

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's help.  So I went and picked up some vouchers from the store, only to find that when I tried to call in for my friend, your system was "unable to find that number".  What does this mean?  Does it mean that her account has already been suspended?  Any suggestions? 

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brettster99 wrote:

@Anonymous 

How do you do that? Choosing a specific part of a previous comment to your thread?

If you use a desktop browser then you have the quote button. Click the reply button of a post. In the little toolbar above this textbox, click on the 3 dots to expand, then click on the "99" quote symbol. That brings in the text of the post you're replying to. Now it's in your textbox. It's editable.

Some might also highlight some text and bold it. Some might refer to the sentence they're replying to.

Unfortunately, for those that like to use the quote button, it was removed on mobile browsers. It used to be this nice big button like the reply button above the textbox.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

How do you do that? Choosing a specific part of a previous comment to your thread?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

If you deposit the voucher anytime after 91st day it will be applied on her next 30 day payment cycle renewal date.

I'm pretty sure that's not entirely correct. Once suspended for lack of payment and in that 90 days and not changing plan then topping up with an amount required to renew the existing subscribed plan...it will reactivate and start a new 30 day term then. Not any next renewal date.

@scoobi43  by calling 1-855-4PUBLIC you do not need to have the physical phone. You can call it from another phone - it will ask for your 10 digit phone number. Once in follow the prompts to add the payment. Buy vouchers to cover the whole cost of the plan. Ie if its the $50 plan buy $50 in vouchers. She has 119 days from the day that she last paid. If you deposit the voucher anytime after 91st day it will be applied on her next 30 day payment cycle renewal date.  Stay safe. 

scoobi43

Ok.  So I can give her the number to try, if it does not work -- what are her other options?  She does not have a self-serve account or a credit card -- she's always purchased vouchers and topped up her account this way.  Should I ask her when she last topped off -- and is she good 90 days from then?  I assume that you physically have to have the phone/SIM in order to top up.  So I cannot do it here for her.

Thank you for your help.

👍Thanks @Anonymous  in this situation I didn't want to mention anything over 90 days. 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma 

90 days from suspension, 120 days from renewal payment.

Edit: I might have to hedge on the hedge word "might" on that number. I tried it and it rang a few times and then gave me a 2UV2 all circuits are busy. Could be these times or it doesn't work.

Yes @scoobi43 the number would work from there.It doesn't even need a pin to apply payment.  She can also log into her self service account and apply payment through there. She has 90 days from last payment date to not lose it. Do it around 85 days to make sure there are no mistakes. 

Here's a link on 611. It also provides information on the 1855 number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

Stay safe. 

scoobi43

Thanks for the information.  My friend is overseas, can she dial the 16477788261 number from any phone if she has her Public Mobile phone number and PIN?  I'm not sure if she has a voucher (if not, I can buy one for her here locally and provide her the number).  BTW, how long can she hold the number/account?  She was due to return mid-April, but this has been postponed for a few months and she was worried about her account would be suspended.  She'd like me to help her from here, but I am not a Public Mobile customer myself and am not sure how I can be of help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scoobi43 wrote:

Does *611 work from abroad?  I have a friend who is travelling and wanted to top up her account but was not able to do it using *611 -- not sure how I might help her from here.  Any suggestions?

611 in Canada and US. 18554public from anywhere else that can connect through to the North American toll free system.

Dialing 16477788261 from anywhere might work too.

Otherwise of course anywhere with internet access and the self-serve.

scoobi43

Does *611 work from abroad?  I have a friend who is travelling and wanted to top up her account but was not able to do it using *611 -- not sure how I might help her from here.  Any suggestions?

fren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the tips :). Working now

@fren Is using your self serve account an option? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@fren , 611 should work even if your plan is suspended. Try calling 1-855-4PUBLIC from another phone. To use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Link on how to use 611 https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

Stay safe

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fren wrote:

Hi,  I have a payment voucher but my service has been suspended so *611 returns call not sent.  How can I restore my service so I can add funds from my payment voucher ?

How long has your service been suspended? 611 should work fine on a suspended account. If more than 90 days suspension then the account closes.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Press 1 from the main menu.
  2. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
  3. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt.

If you do need assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.