cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working

jenthefish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My most recent payment was successful yesterday.

Today my service stopped working. Incoming calls go straight to voicemeail, outgoing calls give me a message to call *611 for help.  

I am now locked out of my account, despite using the correct password and submitting a ticket by verification of pin was not accepted. I attempted to submit by verifying my identity, but when I click submit, the page just hangs with a now inactive submit button.

It appears I have no way of resolving this or getting help.  Very frustrated as I missed several important phone calls today.

50 REPLIES 50

@jenthefish   Sorry, my previous reply was before you add more info.

@jenthefish wrote:

To add insult to injury, after my credit card was cancelled I immediately updated my account with a new card. They took my next months automated payment, but my service was still cancelled.

So, after the first card having  payment problem with PM , you added a 2nd card into the system, PM took the money but your service was still cancel?  was it because the credit card reversed the transaction again?  That part I don't think I understand

@jenthefish wrote:

Thank you Jade S for this response.  To provided an update, I have been in touch with the administrator and the "solution" I was provided was that I was to contact my credit card company to re-reverse the charge.

Well, I did this, and my credit card company informs me that because there is a formal investigation into a fraudulent claim this could take up to 30 business days to happen; assuming that they are indeed able to verify that the original charge was legitimate (which I assume will eventually happen).

Thus far I have not been offered a credit, or even an apology. Needless to say I am not happy with this (lack of) service.

I am currently looking after an infant and a toddler in the middle of a snow storm. To be without phone service is completely unacceptable, and to not have this remedied in an expedited manner, in my opinion, is unacceptable.

If my service is not re-instated in short order I am going to be forced to switch cellular providers yet again.  Needless to say, public mobile (aka telus) will be losing out on my long term business, that of my husbands, as well as all of our potential referrals and anyone else who hear of this horrid experience.

@jenthefish So, I come to this thread late and trying to understand. 

So, it was credit card reversed the charged and hence PM has to stop the service? 

PM is a prepaid service.  If the service is not paid, credit card company reversed the pay for whatever reason, PM has no choice but to stop the service.  I think it is more a question why CC was doing that.  What triggered the CC to reverse PM charge. 

To get the service back for now, do you have another credit card you can add back to the system for now?  And you consider the voucher solution mentioned above?  I understand it is inconvenience but if credit card refuse to let the payment goes through, there is really no other option for now.   

jenthefish

I may have to do this if administration continues to stone wall me.  My first priority is to get service back. If I am forced into this it will be a temporary measure until I can decide which alternate cell phone provider I will be switching to.

jenthefish

To add insult to injury, after my credit card was cancelled I immediately updated my account with a new card. They took my next months automated payment, but my service was still cancelled.  I suggested they charge my card with the amount owing to expedite my service being re-instated, but was told instead that I needed to contact my credit card company to have the charge-back reversed.  

I did this, but my credit card company must go through a formal process which can take up to 30 days to ensure the charge is legitimate. They advised my to simply have the vendor (public mobiole) charge me again, and then when the original charge is reversed, I would have a credit on my account.

Certainly this should have been done immediately. Not only have I been missing important phone calls, I am looking after a 3 year old and a 5 month old in the middle of a snow storm. To not have cell service is a safety concern, but thus far this has fallen on deaf ears.

jenthefish

Thank you Jade S for this response.  To provided an update, I have been in touch with the administrator and the "solution" I was provided was that I was to contact my credit card company to re-reverse the charge.

Well, I did this, and my credit card company informs me that because there is a formal investigation into a fraudulent claim this could take up to 30 business days to happen; assuming that they are indeed able to verify that the original charge was legitimate (which I assume will eventually happen).

Thus far I have not been offered a credit, or even an apology. Needless to say I am not happy with this (lack of) service.

I am currently looking after an infant and a toddler in the middle of a snow storm. To be without phone service is completely unacceptable, and to not have this remedied in an expedited manner, in my opinion, is unacceptable.

If my service is not re-instated in short order I am going to be forced to switch cellular providers yet again.  Needless to say, public mobile (aka telus) will be losing out on my long term business, that of my husbands, as well as all of our potential referrals and anyone else who hear of this horrid experience.

@Anonymous 

Well of course they need to fix It....ASAP....but it feels a little like the sim jacking saga where it went a whole year before they did anything even though the victims were piling up all around us. I was letting you run with this but if you want a chorus of voices I am there 100%.

Don't think I letting pm off easy....but for the OP's sake I wanted to explain the who, what, why and how's of the current policy and what the easiest course of action is to get her service and account back. That seems to be the single most important issue at the moment. The last thing anyone needs especially with new lockdowns on a workday having no service and then be lucky enough to get a newbie CSA try to handle her ticket all the while the community manager is on holidays.

Restore the service first in the easiest possible way and that's by complying with pm's current but outdated policy on chargebacks.........then rake pm over the coals. Heck ask for a year of free service at that point one day of lost work can easily be an equivalent cost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I think you make it too easy for the company. All affected people should have to do is supply their new payment card and the company takes payment and reactivates the account.

I understand why they would take this action against a dissatisfied customer when a charge is branded from here. But this is completely their doing by putting charges through on another company's name.

I don't care that it's all in the same corporate family. Nobody is doing business with Koodo. They're doing business with an entity identified as Public Mobile. This should not be a lazy convenience for the company. This has serious impacts on peoples communication. Good, paying customers should not be victimized by company complacency.

I've never been a fan of paying-off affected customers with trinkets. Fix it. Customers are being victimized here.

I was kinda fine at first with them using Koodo identification because all in the family and all. Maybe it was improving payments. A workaround. But not now. Fix it.

Edit: Or the company should be proactive. I don't know how automated all this cc stuff is but surely someone must be flipping the switch to turn off the account upon receiving a chargeback. So they see the chargeback come via a  Koodo payment and immediately jump to pm and/or text to get in front of the customer and say sorry, so could you supply us with your new card and we'll put it in place for your next renewal. No shut off. Happier-ish customer. Way less bad PR exposure. This is just embarrassingly ridiculous to cut off service caused by the innocence of the customer.

@jenthefish 

I am sorry this happened to you. In reality pm should just let you pay with your card on file. The policy was set up not for a circumstance like this but for customers in the past who may have been displeased with their service and would do a chargeback in order to not have to pay for services they recieved so this kind of harsh policy was set up and it required payment to be either pm voucher or money orders in some cases.

Since pm vouchers can be purchased at 7/11, Shell stations, SDM, London Drugs, Circle K among other retailers it would be relatively easy for you to purchase one before pm customer support opens in the morning so that you can least get your service working first thing tomorrow and then deal with this pm customer service debacle and ensure you are fairly compensated for your huge inconvenience.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jenthefish wrote:

Yes, I have in fact, as I am not a koodo member, I thought this was a fraudulent charge. What is happening here?

It was a valid charge and now system needs to top up and plan cost paid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM@Melinda_H  : DARN IT ALL TO HECK!! This must be a top priority! Put aside this community facelift and FIX THIS!!!

No. Customers should not have to jump through YOUR hoops to get back service. YOU should be accepting their new payment card and taking a payment and reactivating their accounts at THEIR convenience. Not yours. This must stop. It's freaking embarrassing to you that a company can so mess up TAKING MONEY from customers. Come on!!

jenthefish

Thank you @Jade S, this is very helpful. I am waiting to hear back from customer support to resolve this.  

This is certainly an inconvenience. Not only did I lose my cell service, I had my credit card cancelled believing this to be a fraudulent charge.  

Thank you for your help.

@jenthefish 

Oh crap another one. This sucks to tell you but lately the first pm monthly charge has been showing up as a KOODO charge. You are the 4th or 5th customer to rightfully so do a chargeback as an errant or fraudulent charge. Once you do that and pm doesn't get your plan amount being prepaid they immediately suspend and temporarily deactivate your account.

So you will have to contact customer support with a pm voucher to pay for your service and they will reactivate your account and service. This is not your fault but this is just their policy. However we have been advising customers affected to pay but then ask for an equivalent credit on their accounts for the inconvenience caused by this glitch.

@J_PM 

See....another one!!

jenthefish

No my account has been inactivated.

jenthefish

Yes, I have in fact, as I am not a koodo member, I thought this was a fraudulent charge. What is happening here?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jenthefish 

You haven't done a chargeback on your credit card for a KOODO REAPPROV charge appearing on your statement recently have You?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jenthefish 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.....

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jenthefish...try dialing 611 to get an account update....see if your account is still active or something else.

Let us know.

@jenthefish wrote:

My most recent payment was successful yesterday.

Today my service stopped working. Incoming calls go straight to voicemeail, outgoing calls give me a message to call *611 for help.  

I am now locked out of my account, despite using the correct password and submitting a ticket by verification of pin was not accepted. I attempted to submit by verifying my identity, but when I click submit, the page just hangs with a now inactive submit button.

It appears I have no way of resolving this or getting help.  Very frustrated as I missed several important phone calls today.

I know that this response won't help you at the moment, but please know that Public Mobile has been made aware of the issue with tickets not opening properly.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jenthefish sorry to hear this.

You can submit a ticket also this way, by sending a private message to Customer Support Agents by Clicking Here link.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jenthefish , there has been some similar complains abut plan just renewed and then suddenly not working.

Since you cannot login to My Account and you likely not able to open ticket using Chatbot as it will ask your for your My Account credentials (unless you remember your 4 digits PIN), please open  a ticket by direct messaging PM Support:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**After you opened a ticket, CS Agent will contact you via Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.