cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working

VyNg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've used public mobile for almost one year. Recently, I have not been able to send and receive texts and calls. Can you help me know how to fix this problem? It happened a week ago.

Thanks

VyNg 

8 REPLIES 8

VyNg

Thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VyNg wrote:

Hello,

I've used public mobile for almost one year. Recently, I have not been able to send and receive texts and calls. Can you help me know how to fix this problem? It happened a week ago.

Thanks

VyNg 

@VyNg ,

It is good you submitted a ticket.

Where you able to reactivate/resume your service by hitting the resume/reactivate option?

1. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  2. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  3. Reboot

VyNg

I have submitted one ticket reporting the issue occurred with my phone number. Thanks

VyNg

VyNg

Yes, thanks. I will do.

VyNg

@VyNg 

I would recommend checking your financial accounts, especially those with two-factor authentication, to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions.

While logged in - recommend changing your financial passwords IF there have been any unauthorized or recognized transactions.

Here's how to contact a public mobile moderator if you need assistance with your 'no service' situation:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@VyNg 

Did you report your phone lost/stolen?  Then you should be able to report your phone found in your self service account.  Should be under Plans and Add on Tab/section. Then the account should be active. 

If you did not report your phone lost/stolen, then you should maybe choose another password to your self service account.  Maybe somebody changed it. 

VyNg

Hi,

I see in my account the following:

Account Status: Lost-Stolen / Fermé

while I didn't change anything on my plan. My latest payment was on Feb 19, 2021.

According to the above, does it mean my account is deactivated?

Looking forward to your help

Thanks

VyNg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@VyNg 

Is your account status active or suspended?  is Data working?  

Maybe try the SiM card in another working phone to determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.

Suggest rebooting phone. Network reset. 

Might be a possible SIM swap also

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

Might need to contact moderator to check.

Need Help? Let's chat.