cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working iPhone 11 showing SOS icon

Vtn8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iphone 11 and am not able to connect to the network. I've reset the network settings, powered off and on many times, turned on/off airplane mode. I also bought a new sim and tested it on other unlocked phones and it still doesn't work. 

My account is active so I'm not sure what's wrong.

9 REPLIES 9

Boby_Desuza

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to see two scenarios where SOS icon on your iPhone:-

Emergency SOS call activated:-
1. If the countdown is still running:- Press and hold the side button (or both volume buttons on older iPhones) and one of the volume buttons simultaneously until the "Emergency SOS" slider appears. Drag the slider to the right to cancel the emergency call.
2. If the countdown has finished and the call is connected:- Explain to the emergency responder that it was a false alarm and they can disconnect the call.
To get rid of the "SOS ONLY" icon:-

1. Move to an area with better signal strength. Find a location with stronger cellular reception.
2. Connect to Wi-Fi Calling:- If your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, you can enable Wi-Fi Calling to make emergency calls over Wi-Fi if cellular service is unavailable. Go to Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi Calling and turn it on.
3. Use satellite emergency SOS (iPhone 14 and later):- If you have an iPhone 14 and are in a situation with no cellular or Wi-Fi coverage, you may be able to use satellite emergency SOS to send a text message to emergency services. This feature is currently in beta and only available in certain regions.

More details instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgbocByNxQ&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi Vtn8

We are here to help you but, before we can do that, we need to make sure you’re the account owner. We do this to keep your personal information safe and ensure we’re only making account changes on your behalf.

You’ll be presented with 2 easy options to verify your identity. If you don’t have the required information for one of the two options, please let me know and we’ll find a secure alternative.

Please click on the link below and follow the steps: https://bit.ly/3fFjISr 

If by any chance you find an issue whit the link, please help us to validate it by answering the following questions:

Address with postal code :
Home or business contact number :
Knowledge of other services on the account:
Email address :

All the best,

Osvaldo

Public Mobile Moderator Team

Fortunately, this customer's issue has already been fixed.  Also, I would generally advise against such posts as above because too often, customers press the reply button and post the information on this open message forum.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Vtn8

Bought a new sim card online and issue is resolved.

Vtn8

I just tested another PM account on my iPhone 11 and it worked.

Can someone look into my account to find out why my status is "Active" but not working.

Who can I PM my account details?

Vtn8

I signed up with PM about 2-3 years ago.

My account is active.

I've tested my sim on a Samsung Galaxy S8 and it didn't work

I have not tested another customer PM sim on my phone yet.

I will mention that my account is prepaid and I missed a payment once and my account became inactive. Maybe that has something to do with it not working?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When did you sign up with PM?

Is your account active?
Can you try your SIM card in non-Apple phone?

Can you try verified to work SIM card from other PM customer in your phone?

[using activate PM SIM proved current defective..... Luddite]

Vtn8

Yes I updated my sim information on my account and have successfully tested other sim card on my iphone 11 and it worked.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Vtn8 

with the new sim card, did you login to My Account and request Change SIM card there?

And, try to get a friend's sim card and test it on your own iphone 11

Need Help? Let's chat.