cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues/receiving calls

Kevkeeping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I am a new public mobile customer as of a couple weeks ago.  My question is why do my incoming calls immediately get sent to my voicemail?  I can receive calls just fine.  I have visited a cellular retail store and covered all basic reset options.  Device reset/network reset etc.  looking for assistance.

thank you,

Kevin Keeping

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kevkeeping wrote:

Hello I am a new public mobile customer as of a couple weeks ago.  My question is why do my incoming calls immediately get sent to my voicemail?  I can receive calls just fine.  I have visited a cellular retail store and covered all basic reset options.  Device reset/network reset etc.  looking for assistance.

thank you,

Kevin Keeping

@Kevkeeping  - have you checked your device's settings to ensure:

1 - DND (Do not disturb) has not been accidentally enabled, OR

2 - is your calls set to receive from contacts only listed in your phone?

Depending on the model of your phone, open your device's Settings app.

Tap Sound, then Do Not Disturb preferences, then Priority only allows. 

Set Calls to From contacts only and adjust any other preferences for this mode to your liking.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kevkeeping 

Does your phone show Public as the carrier?

If it does, try rebooting your phone by powering off the phone then wait a few minutes then powering on the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevkeeping 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kevkeeping   are the incoming calls go to your PM voicemail?  Just want to confirm it wasn't a porting issue and your incoming calls still going to voicemail with your old carrier

did you try to change your network setting to 3G Only  and see if it helps?

What kind of phone do you have?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kevkeeping 

Are calls going to your pm voicemail? Or did you port in your number and not reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it? Check and see if your old providers account is still active if this is the case.

Otherwise it could be an issue with your phone switching from the 4G LTE network to the 3G network that pm uses for voice calls. Switching to the 3G only could resolve the issue.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kevkeeping wrote:

thank you,

Kevin Keeping

@Kevkeeping 

When you activated, did you reply YES to the port authorization request?

You might try these options otherwise:

1. Take off airplane mode
  2. take off do not disturb
  3. ensure the number calling you is not on blocked senders list
  4. disable any call-forwarding features
  5. turn off Bluetooth device if it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to it instead of device's speakers
  6. remove and replace your SIM card
  7. reset network connections
Need Help? Let's chat.