cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service is not working

Mmzah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm fed up. How does one get proper support here? I'm so sorry I switched to public mobile.

What did you do to my service? I ported over successfully on March 14.  Everything was fine until recently. Incoming calls are no longer getting to me. They are going to a message that says " welcome to Rogers voice mail".

I was instructed to call the Telus porting line, who said the porting was done and successful and the got me to call Rogers. Well Rogers said their side is fine as well and that my account is cancelled therefore no more to do. 

So I call the Telus porting line back and that was a waste of time. 

Can someone fix my incoming calls please? 

edited by comptuergeek541:  As per terms of service, profanity has been removed

22 REPLIES 22

Mmzah

Interesting, so next time I will choose to not keep people updated/informed of the outcome, and let the thread hang forever.  I didn't need to do this.  

@Mmzah wrote:

LOL the solution is much more than that.

The solution was getting customer service involved to fix the issue. Please do not issue solutions to yourself as solutions play a part in Community reward calculations.

Mmzah

LOL the solution is much more than that.

self solution removed/solution re-assigned

Mmzah

FINAL UPDATE:
Although the ticketing system here at PM seems to have flaws (if anyone from PM wants me to walk through them, let me know), finally the next level ticket to Telus that was raised had a Telus representative call me (yes call!) and and they were able to iron out the issue with Rogers back end.  
My line is finally working as it should again.

fingers crossed.

Shout out to Alex in the CS_Agent side.

Mmzah

UPDATE: It appears that my issue is understood and has been taken to the back end teams to sort out.  Now that I have this confirmation that something is being investigated, things are a looking up.  I will update as I go along so that others can make informed decisions and not based off the 'bad'.

Mmzah

I love how support appears to be 'best effort' and are not responding quickly.  So as if I'm going to wait around for a reply.   And yet when they reply and do not hear back in a timely fashion, they go ahead and close the ticket.  What is with this company?

Mmzah

what exactly does this mean?  this thread is closed and people cannot assist?  

Mmzah

I called myself after the port and I'm fairly certain it was from my other rogers line and it worked.  I suspect this started last Apr 6/7ish..  However, there is a chance perhaps this was buggered from day one, as I cannot go back in time to double check 🙂  

The bad part is, all of my family is on rogers...so essentially this is a dead voice service to me currently.

Mmzah

Since I have opened several 'tickets' (laugh) with PM I have a script now, so I've copy/pasted the script below I keep reusing to reopen tickets.  I love how when you open a ticket, there is a button that says "view a copy of the ticket" and all it does it go to a blank page with the bread crumbs "Community Home > Private Messages : Sent"

Incoming calls from Rogers (only Rogers it appears) not working.
Transferred from Rogers March 14.
Public Mobile data is working fine.
Public Mobile text messages are working.
Outgoing Public mobile calls are working, even TO a rogers line.
I have attempted to contact Public Mobile support several times now.
I have call Rogers 4 times now and they say my account is closed that there is nothing they can do for me, they recommend a PM eng contact Rogers to help figure this out (when will this happen?!!)
I have tested over and over and it's the same result:
I have tried the PM sim card in the old Rogers S7 phone and it's the same issue (incoming calls from Rogers goes to rogers voice mail)
I have tried resetting the nw settings on the phone.
The current phone is a Motorola G Play 2023

@Mmzah 

none of them really care...unless you miss the payment !! I suggest you just stick it out with your current PM account. You will not get any refunds with PM or any other pre-paid type service. Just keep your PM service going...it's not bad once it's up and running. PM uses Telus backbone so you know it's as good as it gets really. If you're having problems...let us know...we can help you work your way through them. The Comminuty is the 1st line to address concerns...kinda "crowd sourced" suggestions and guidance. There's many smart talented contributors here. I think we 're faster at getting solutions to problems than any call center...and you don't have to listen to stooopid elevator music while you wait for off shore adviser !

Mmzah

Thank you. No my Rogers account is closed and the Roger Sim no longer works I've already tried that.

Sad to say no refund. So if I were you, I'd port out within two days of your next billing to save as much as possible. Make sure you don't close the public mobile account must be active to port.

Mmzah

Once I make the switch, how does one get a full refund ?

Mmzah

So I guess there is no support on this service. Thanks for taking away my incoming calls this past Monday. The three weeks prior were great. Need to look for another carrier. This is terrible.

If the third time doesn't work, contact Rogers and say that the port didn't work and you need them to make a note on the account you give permission to release the number. Then say.... unless you can send me to the retention department and make an offer that keeps me here....    like a wise man once said....  "Don't Hate The Player, Hate The Game". - Booker T

Mmzah

Where do tickets go? I opened one or two now and they go into a void! I don't see them anywhere in my account...

Mmzah

This morning the sent me to Rogers. That was 2 hours I'll never get back. 

Just called them again a and was told they couldn't help me. 

I'll try a third time, but this is crazy.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

In the event they give you the runaround, @Mmzah , use this method to contact their employees:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Mmzah

I don't see one message anywhere. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Mmzah 

It sounds like the port didn't go through properly. Please look at the top right corner of this page and you'll see 1 message. Click on it and I'll send you a contact number to call to fix this. It's super easy!

Need Help? Let's chat.