cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interruption?

Wor784
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All incoming and outgoing calls were failing. Rings on my end as if it is working. I got curious so logged in to check my account to see that my service for some reason hasn't auto-renewed. I have been with PublicMobile for years now, so not sure why that happened. I did turn my phone off and back on, plus engaged airplane mode for 1 minute and still nothing.

So I proceeded to renew manually so my account would be active. I attempted to make a call again and still being dropped. I tried turning off and back on and the airplane mode again and no changes. 

WHAT IS GOING ON?

9 REPLIES 9

@Wor784 wrote:

Folks, thanks for all the suggestions. I called *611 and after that everything started working. Doesn't really seem like a solution but for some reason it worked.

@BKNS27 OP says it is working now.

@Wor784 you're right I can't see how calling 611 would fix your services. So maybe this was just a temporary outage, and everything came back 'online' with your account.

As asked before, was your renewal day today? I ask, because...although it is not supposed to happen...during the renewal process I recall some customers having issues with service outages until the account fully renews in the afternoon.

@Wor784 

I had issues with all my calls going to voicemail about 6 months ago and tried everything too. No luck so I contacted a CS_Agent to look into it but they had to send it to a technician to look into the problem. Seems to be a glitch but it got fix in a couple of days.

Private message an agent to investigate at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

I hope it’s not as serious as mine and can fix right away.

Wor784

Folks, thanks for all the suggestions. I called *611 and after that everything started working. Doesn't really seem like a solution but for some reason it worked.

@Wor784 so what does the status say when in My Account or dialing 611 or call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device?

Is there still a balance showing? Is today is your renewal day?

Wor784

No dice. Tried in another phone still same issue. I made my payment and account shows it, just got a message saying I didn't pay. Phone calls all dropping still no matter if it's Lte, 3G or 5G. Reset all network settings and still no changes. This is frustrating.

HI @Wor784 

at least we know the service renewed

Your wife also using PM?

Reboot once more and try to click Reset All networks and see if it helps

If still not working well, test your sim card on your wife's phone

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wor784 

Are you able to try your SIM card in your partner’s phone? 

Just to double check if it’s a device issue or a network issue. 

If it works, I would try to reset your network settings and reboot on your phone once you put the SIM card back in. 

Wor784

Still dropping even if trying 3g. I call my spouses phone beside me and it rings through, she answers it and mine keeps ringing while hers says it dropped. Mine keeps going and it shows back up on her phone as if I initiated another call. When trying to call mine, it drops the call immediately when trying to answer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Wor784 

yes, Autopay fails sometimes, you were right to make manual payment

Reboot the phone once more and try.  Check if the phone connects to the network

if not, try to change the network to 3G and check again

Need Help? Let's chat.