cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious concerns I can't seem to get resolved...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Jonathan, a $55 plan subscriber.

First, is my community name: jkmatthie1 — it was supposed to be merged with jkmatthie — i cannot seem to login using my proper username and so had to add a 1 to my name, I am told by the automated system that jkmatthie is already in use, something has happened when Public Mobile updated the website and community to the new version.

Second, is my current subscription — the $55 plan for 50gb of data. I used my rewards to add money to my account to compensate for this months plan, requiring only a withdrawal from my card on file of only $11.30. The system indeed auto-removed that amount, but then did not connect it with my other available funds for some reason, instead not only putting a hold on my services which I can't seem to remove, but also cancelling auto-withdrawal for next month. What is going on???

I have attached screenshots for the second issue. I have attempted 3 times to unsuspend by using existing funds to restore service, but these screens are what I get each time, and the service refuses to resume. Please assist with both matters.

P.s. Who do I chat to around here that will actually solve these issues expediently?

I would not be otherwise so demanding, but I asked politely for my community username to be changed back to jkmatthie quite some time ago, and now that I return to use it months later, it has clearly not been fixed, forcing me to create a jkmatthie1 username. It's kind of ridiculous.

And I don't even know WHAT is going on with my plan now... I have attached screenshots for reference.Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 10.47.32 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 10.48.03 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 10.48.21 AM.png

17 REPLIES 17

See if you can wait a little longer and keep watch on whether services have stopped, primarily calling. If they keep going and we're into the afternoon of eastern time shortly then log in again using incognito or a whole other browser and see if it updates. Of course if services stop then you have something 🙂

@Anonymous  Ty for that and we all do get a rewards for helping in community 

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1693842561733.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your candor when explaining the reality of the situation still occurring within the framework of Public Mobile.

I realize operations of any organization of this size must always present challenges, but despite the recent "upgrades" it still seems to fall short in many regards, particularly when it comes to direct communication with it's customer base. I suppose that's why they have "first responders" such as yourself and others who have interacted with these complaints of mine.

At the very least, I hope someone at Public Mobile compensates you all in some way, for your time and effort. They certainly could learn a lot from all of you @dust2dust @Handy1 @hTideGnow @Dunkman — I appreciate all of you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I noted to @Handy1: "The issue regarding my community username is annoying because I already went through this (request made, issue explained, ticket submitted) with a CS Agent nearly 2 months ago. I just hadn't had another issue since then, only to learn it wasn't fixed when I logged in to the community this time around."

I agree whole heartedly. This system is poorly executed. Email? Or text? But if services are working then why look at it?
You of course wouldn't be aware of this either but there had recently been some texts to people saying their services were suspended. No they're not. Why're you telling me this? Those customers came here asking about it. But again, renewal night is messy. It takes hours. Has for many years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as I noted: Nothing yet. It's been about a half hour now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no way I can know that initially, when first receiving an email from Public Mobile literally telling me to log into my account to resolve the suspension myself — an issue the automated service itself, created in the first place. It's not my fault if I am just following instructions, and pressing the BIG RED BUTTON that says "Pay now and resume services"

Oh I read it. Renewals around here are painful to watch and can take hours to complete. It's always advised to stay away from the account while renewal is underway. As long as services keep working then leave it alone. Messing around in the account from midnight eastern until about noon eastern the next day is ill-advised.

@Anonymous  Check your community in box for there reply or use this link to it to check 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should have used the exact amount it withdrew from my card on file ($11.30) added to the amount available funds ($43.70) for a total of $55, which it showed was my total available balance, requiring nothing else on my end. The service seems perfectly capable of withdrawing funds from my card on file, but not connecting them to my other available reward funds without creating this error and suspension. That's what I take issue with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you don't know what you're talking about, and should read my concerns more carefully.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe some images of your overview page too. If this was your renewal and your services have been working all this time then stop messing around in the account.

HI @Anonymous 

yes, agent can help you to get your old community id back.  check their reply on community inbox

and for the rewards amount and renewal amount, can you login My Account again using Incognito/Private/Secret mode and check payment transactions there.  It should show how much PM uses to renew and how much Available Fund before and after each transaction.  You can post screenshot here and we can check if they were correct

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's difficult to comprehend why such errors occur in the first place, as I successfully utilized my rewards to pay for most of my balance this month (had over 90 points saved) and then the automation withdrew the rest from my card on file. And then... this. Why did the system not connect the two amounts (paid + existing balance) and just continue another month of service? I clearly did everything correctly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did initially send a message to CS_Agent as you are suggesting but have yet to receive a response which is why I wrote this community message. I waited a bit of time before doing so also, in hopes the company would get back to me promptly, but perhaps the Labour Day long weekend is a factor?

Either way, the issue regarding my community username is annoying because I already went through this (request made, issue explained, ticket submitted) with a CS Agent nearly 2 months ago. I just hadn't had another issue since then, only to learn it wasn't fixed when I logged in to the community this time around.

As for my service issues, I tried to make a call, and that works. I'm not certain is data is working yet. I will test it now, but yes, as of this writing, the red suspension error message is still on my account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, there is no live chat service with Public mobile.  You can contact customer service agent via ticketing or private message. It usually will take a few hours to respond. 

A couple of tricks to use to restart the billing process (worked in the past with similar issues:

1. Report your phone stolen.  Logout.  Log back in and report your phone found.

2. Manually load $1 to your available balance. That sometime will kickstart the billing process. 

As for the community id issue, you will need to contact CSA agent.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  So if your services are working you can stately ignore this message I get the same error message every renewal day . It’s just the system hasn’t fully finished updating yet . If you don’t have services please submit ticket with support using this direct link to them . And when talking to them . Let them know you had to create a new community ID . And they can get you your old community ID back 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.