cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self serve website not functional

Mike57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't use the self serve website at all since the most recent update. I've spent the last two hours trying to log in and change my plan. The website has always been barely functional for me and incredibly slow but now it's not usable at all. I've tried it on two different devices and four browsers now. On firefox, Microsoft edge and internet explorer the login page failed to load at all. On Chrome the page will load and log me in after loading for roughly fifteen minutes but once I'm logged in and try to look at my subscription plan I get another loading page that just stays on indefinitely. I left the screen open on my laptop for 30 minutes and it kept saying loading then eventually timed out and asked me to log in again. On my phone using Chrome I managed to get as far as viewing my current plan but when I clicked on another plan to change to, it went to a loading screen again and eventually timed out. Just getting to that stage took about 40 minutes because each page took so long to load and it was on the last loading page for about 20 minutes before it timed out. The website has never been fast but I can't use it at all since they made the latest update. Is there any way to update plans over the phone or through email? Everything I look at on here just tells me to sign in through self serve but it's not possible.

5 REPLIES 5

@Mike57  Do you have an Android phone that is up to date, or maybe are you are set to another country and not to Canada?  Otherwise I don't know why Google Play would say the app is not available.  I assume your web page loading speed is not like that for other sites?  How long have you been with Public Mobile? 

Mike57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the advice everyone. I just kept trying over and over and eventually after about another hour the page loaded and I was able to change my plan. The poor performance of this website has been a problem since I started using public mobile though and I don't understand why because I can sig  on and use the community pages with no problem at a normal speed but as soon as I try to use self serve it just starts loading indefinitely. I've tried using incognito mode and it makes no difference. Google play says the app is not available for my device. I hope public mobile is aware of this issue and some attempt is being made to fix it because I see multiple threads on here from people with the same problem. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mike57 

I am able to login and use it without any issue

Try using Incognito mode and see if it helps

Also, try using PM app

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mike57  It's working fine for me but this community was painfully slow yesterday. It seems to have been fixed overnight so I wonder if you were trying to log in whille they were doing maintenance or a fix. As @mojorising said, try the PM app and if you still have problems then private message customer support.   

Well, two hours after I wrote the above the community pages are painfully slow again, so I guess not fixed after all

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What about the PM app? Do you have that? I was able to log in right now with it.

contact a CS Agent directly for help if that doesn't work as well at the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.