cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second device

Eevi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased an ipad pro with cellular and would like to add it to my Public obile account to share data. It is asking me for a QR code.

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That’s what I understood as well @Handy1 

@Chalupa_Batman  comments lead me to believe that perhaps  it did work with iPad.

@HALIMACS  iPad has SIM slot but PM dose not support iPad for cellular Apple Watch has eSIM but PM eSIM does not support Apple Watch you can only hot spot the iPad with PM or Bluetooth the watch with PM .big brother like telus for cell connection in iPad or Apple Watch 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Which is it @Handy1  & @Chalupa_Batman ?

I don't own an iPad nor have ever been able to experiment by trying a SIM in one. 

Do the newer models really support PM SIM's?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Eevi  Sorry PM dose not support iPad or Apple Watch all you can do is hotspot cell data to iPad and Bluetooth to watch 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Eevi 

You can't "Share" data with a second plan attached to your profile. One account, one plan. You CAN tether your iPad with your phone and use your data that way. Or also use it as a "Hotspot". 

eSim is available on the iPad 9, as is the case with all Apple iPads of the 7th generation and higher. The use of physical nano-SIMs is also available in this model.

Need Help? Let's chat.