cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seasonal Suspension

Sammi351
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
i am in florida for the winter - and haven't used my phone since the end of january... i left $10 on the acct so hopefully they wldn't close it - but that i cannot access it now... makes me fear they have... (ps: why don't they offer a seasonal suspensions like other carriers do?!)

i won't be returning to canada until the end of the month and do not want to lose my phone number (nor the $10 that is sitting on the acct)... 

what do i do?... as they don't respond to my msgs...
7 REPLIES 7

@Sammi351 

It looks like you lost your old number, account closed and SIM rendered useless. It is more than 90 days!

@Sammi351   were you aware you only have 90 days grace period after the account was suspened?

important question is when did you last pay PM.  If you last payment date was Jan 10 or before, the account would have been suspended and passed the 90 days grace period.  Account would have been closed permanently and  the number would be back to the pool

Can you get the number back?  It is possible if you got the number originally from PM/Koodo/Telus and not ported in from another provider. However, you still need to open ticket with support and hope they can help.  And you need someone in Canada to get you a sim card and help to activate a new account (sorry, you would have been on the new Public Points reward then and cannot join back to the old rewards system)

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Sammi351 wrote:
i am in florida for the winter - and haven't used my phone since the end of january... i left $10 on the acct so hopefully they wldn't close it - but that i cannot access it now... makes me fear they have... (ps: why don't they offer a seasonal suspensions like other carriers do?!)

i won't be returning to canada until the end of the month and do not want to lose my phone number (nor the $10 that is sitting on the acct)... 

what do i do?... as they don't respond to my msgs...

$10 on the account is not enough to pay even if you have $15 plan. Because PM service is PRE PAID which means paid first and get service so PM won't have seasonal suspensions like other provider which service is POST PAID which means get service first and pay the cost of service you had.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Call that toll free number and check the status. If it says suspended then good. If it says invalid then not good.

What are the first 6 digits of the phone number (not last 4)? If it originated elsewhere then it has likely gone back. If it originated with Telus/Koodo/Public then there's a slight chance you could get it back. Have you tried calling the number to see if anybody answers?

Sammi351
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i did disable prepayment b/c i didnt want to pay for a phone i wasnt using... so i guess my main concern is losing a number ive had for years - that my canadian life centers around... if its been disabled (which is suspect it has)... do they allow you to reactivate or is that not possible?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sammi351   

so, you cannot access My Account?  did you disable Pre-Authorized payment?

from Jan to May now, it is possible your account was suspended and suspended for over 90 days.  I would message CS agent and check

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sammi351 

check your credit card to see when was the last time you pay PM

Also, call 1.855.4PUBLIC, enter 1 and then your phone number , does the system able to locate your account?

If it can, it's good, just login issue

if it cannot, then I am afraid the account was suspended for over 90 days due to non-payment

Need Help? Let's chat.