cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Plan Change Disappeared?

nalorin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I requested I scheduled plan change for the end of my billing cycle, to the $34 5G 20 GB unlimited plan. When I logged out and logged back in, the plan change was still showing as active. However, a day or two later, the plan changes suddenly disappeared from my account, and also my wife's account (I made the same request on her account, at the same time).

I've talked to four different customer service reps so far, and the problem has not yet been resolved.

In the meantime, I'm thinking that I should try switching to a different scheduled plan change, in case the system just glitched out and secretly still has my plan change active but is simply not showing it (since the plan I selected is also not showing up right now). Customer service has confirmed the plan is still available, so I'm thinking if I make this change, the plan might show up again after I select a different plan.

Does anyone else have experience with a situation like this? Did you try this troubleshooting step? Did it work?

5 REPLIES 5

nalorin

"Frowned upon" is, in essence, the same thing as "politically correct," and neither concept is one I care at all about. I didn't do it to pat myself on the back.

I care only about how easy it is for the next person to find the solution that works for the scenario, so that if they have the same problem I did (which, at this point, I must assume anyone would have because the system won't show the change request, outside of the session in which it was created, for either of our accounts).

My reply directly answered the question and provided the steps I took to resolve it.

And being that this was the first time I've had any issues with changing plans in the past 7 years, I've never taken screenshots before because I just assume things will work. Because that no longer held to be true, I had already planned to take screenshots if my attempt to redo the change worked (which it did). So, the answers given had not provided any new value. To award the solution to anyone else would be nothing more than a perfunctory action and, in that case, the solution should be awarded to the best answer, which happened to be my own.

Note: the other answers provided do not make it clear whether the respective authors have had the exact same issue. If they had, then one of those answers could've been the best answer. I'm far too pragmatic to participate in any kind of massaging of ego, including my own. The only reason it's "frowned upon" is because others commonly view it as tacky and as a form of self-gratification. I don't play such social games. To me, results matter; full stop.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Typically, it's frowned upon by Public Mobile to grant one's own response as the solution @nalorin 

(unless, of course, the OP was able to find a solution themselves which served their request more than the replies offered)

If you wish to amend it, you can go to the post you selected as the solution, tap the downward arrow, and mark it as Not the Solution.    Then select another.

😉

nalorin

I decided to go ahead and try switching to the next cheapest plan (which I was willing to settle with, in the worst-case scenario) on renewal. Then I went to switch back and the plan WAS showing up, so I switched back to the desired plan on renewal. I took a screenshot of the confirmation page and repeated the process for my wife's account, this time.

I've tried logging back in to both our accounts and the change on renewal request still disappears but at least I was able to get the evidence of the change this time.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nalorin 

What I tend to do is schedule the plan change, then take screenshots of the changes before logging out.   This way, the CSA group can honor any plan change which may expire.

After you've scheduled this plan change, try logging out, clearing cache and cookies, then logging in again on the website.

Go to Payments tab - does it show upcoming payment as your current plan or your desired plan change plan?

The change should also be viewable under the Subscription and Add-On's section too.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nalorin 

did you try to use Incognito mode to login ?  sometimes, it is just a browser cache problem and not showing you the correct information

What I suggest is to still schedule the plan change on next cycle.  But remember to take a screenshot and keep it. On the first day of next cycle, check  on the creidt card side if PM charges the correct amount.  Then use Incognito mode again to login My Account and confirm if PM changes your account with the new plan.  If not, open another ticket with agent on the first day of that cycle and provide them the screenshot as proof. Usually Pm support will honour that and make the plan change for you manually

Need Help? Let's chat.