Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

as I am trying to keep my current phone number it says there’s no such number

9 REPLIES 9

@Wendym 

When you get to the phone number page enter the following info:

1. Your telus account #.
  2. Your 10 digit telus phone #.
  3. The full name on the telus account.
  4. An alternate phone number. (Optional....landline, work, spouse, children's etc...)

As per @Anonymous instructions leave your telus sim card in your phone to recieve and respond YES to the porting authorization text within 90 min of recieving it.

On the fourth page enter your referral code for your $10 bonus credit and promocode for either the 2gb bonus data add on ( one time) or the 1gb bonus plan data ( monthly as long as you don't change your plan.)

vanessa16

have you tried contacting your previous phone carrier and restarting your phone with the new Public sim card inserted?

@Wendym 

First you have to wait one hour before you start again. Clear your browser and reboot your device. Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode in chrome, firefox or safari.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wendym : You are confused! 🙂 Did you start with the Activate button up top? Keep your Telus SIM in until you confirm the transfer.

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit. You've probably already been deluged with them but those unsolicited ones would be against the rules here.

Wendym

I’m trying to activate my SIM card and switch from TELUS to public. I try to take my existing number but it says it’s not a proper number. Then, although I have been told Public works here I enter my postal code and says there’s no service. I’m totally confused. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Wendym 

If you are in the process of activating a new account and attempting to port a number from another provider, would recommend trying live activation assistance:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

You might also choose to just let Public Mobile select a new number, and then after you are activated, contact the moderators to request the porting of your existing number 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Sound like you are trying to port the number from another provider.  If so, which one was it  on before?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wendym : Yes what are trying to do? A little more description would help. Are you typing in your number somewhere with hyphens? Try just the digits.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Wendym 

Are you activating and trying to port your number in or already a customer and trying to port?

Need Help? Let's chat.