cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says I need US Roaming

Haymakerboy81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to make a local call it says I don't have US Roaming on my plan. I'm not in the US I'm in Canada and I've made these calls many times prior to yesterday.

Yesterday it also said I had no plan. My plan isn't up until March 4th.

Umidigi Bison X10, Ontario Canada

8 REPLIES 8

@Haymakerboy81 wrote:

When I try to make a local call it says I don't have US Roaming on my plan. I'm not in the US I'm in Canada and I've made these calls many times prior to yesterday.

Yesterday it also said I had no plan. My plan isn't up until March 4th.

Umidigi Bison X10, Ontario Canada

Based on your lcoation of Kawartha Lakes, there isn't any setting that you could change by mistake to cause this.  This isn't a phone settings issue. it is a Public Mobile account issue.  I've experienced it myself and it's something that technical support is able to fix.

@Grinch wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Haymakerboy81 

try to put a 1 in front of the 10 digits number.  

if you have been valling using the 1 I'm front, try dropping it and just using the 10 digits only

Amd for network connection on your phone, instead of using automatic, please change to Manual selection and choose Public Mobile 

Exactly….. @Haymakerboy81  you might be picking up a USA cell tower. 

Someone in Kawartha Lakes couldn't possibly be picking up a US tower.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@Haymakerboy81 

if you have been valling using the 1 I'm front, try dropping it and just using the 10 digits only

Amd for network connection on your phone, instead of using automatic, please change to Manual selection and choose Public Mobile 

Exactly….. @Haymakerboy81  you might be picking up a USA cell tower. 

@Haymakerboy81 

@Haymakerboy81 

use this link to message Customer Support...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

the little envelop icon on top right side of the page will be highlighted when they respond to you.

Haymakerboy81

Did both. No change.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Haymakerboy81 

try going in to your phone settings to make sure Public Mobile is the preferred network.

Try restarting the phone.

Haymakerboy81

Note: I'm in Kawarthas Lakes calling a local number.

Need Help? Let's chat.