cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy S3

pmimin2404
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everytime I try to download a text picture message it wont do it. After 2 trys this comes on the screen "currently unable to download try again later. How can I make it work have been on P.M. approx one month and hasnt worked once.

12 REPLIES 12

@pmimin2404 wrote:

Not too sure how to do a screen shot?

Press power button and down  volume button at the same time and hold down for a second.

pmimin2404

Not too sure how to do a screen shot?

pmimin2404

I have the forty dollar plan. Data shouldnt be a problem. I did the APN set up and a few things didn't stay on. Will do the process again. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pmimin2404 wrote:

Everytime I try to download a text picture message it wont do it. After 2 trys this comes on the screen "currently unable to download try again later. How can I make it work have been on P.M. approx one month and hasnt worked once.

@pmimin2404 Maybe post a screenshot of your apn settings. That might help us determine what the issue might be. 🙂

By the way, my last phone was a Galaxy S3 and if it hadn't fallen off the roof of my car and got run over by a dumptruck, I'd likely still be using it. An oldie (in cellphone terms) but a goodie !

Just  to mention in case the user doesn't now, there are no data overages with Public Mobile. If you have no paid data, no paid data will be used or charged. Therefore, in the case of the $10 plan, you can leave your data on all the time and your MMS will kick in when it needs to.

If you ever decide to get say the $15 plan with 250 mb of data, I'd turn it on and off each time you need it as I've seen lots of people turn data on for MMS and then find a large chuck of their data gone the next day. Not to mention the huge OVERAGE charges other cell providers charge.

@GinYVR @mimmo  thanks didn't realize that

@RossN Yes MMS should work for the $10 plan

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo so are you saying you can send and receive mms on the 10 dollar plan?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@pmimin2404 Hi you must have you data on to receive or send mms messages and also be on a plan with data

@RossN you do not need a data Plan for mms just the correct apn settings. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@pmimin2404 Hi you must have you data on to receive or send mms messages and also be on a plan with data

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you probably need to set /reset your apn settings.  also is data turned on?  data needs to be on to receive mms

check out this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Anyone-know-where-to-find-the-APN-set...

Need Help? Let's chat.