cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 VoLTE

willywonkers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've seen a handful of threads on this, but none with any conclusion.  VoLTE does not work now that I'm on PM.  I realise that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 - model SM-G960W) is not officially on PM compatibility list for VoLTE, but it's strange that VoLTE works seamlessly with Koodo.  

Question: has anyone actually got their S9 to work on VoLTE with PM?  

For the record, the phone is generally fully functional without... BUT, the following things concern me:

1. As per my experience (and confirmed by PM support), conditional call forwarding cannot work if not VoLTE enabled.

2. Worried that when I travel to the US, I won't be able to make voice calls because I believe they've suspended 3G networks there, which is what my phone calls back to without VoLTE.

If VoLTE is not possible with the S9 on PM, did anyone have recent experience overcoming the above 2 concerns with the S9?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

willywonkers

Thanks @Redranger for taking the time to reply.  This is promising for US travel!  How does one switch network manually?  Do I need to know the T-Mobile network settings or does it show up as an option in the mobile networks settings that I can just choose?  Is there a related article already that is relevant I can check out?  

willywonkers

This is sad that it's not just that they won't provide support for some phones but they won't even let people try 😞 

Thanks for the confirmation.

Redranger

I have Samsung s10+ and when roaming in Georgia I found out on AT&T: data worked, sms worked, but voice calls would not work.

Voice calls would not work most likely because my phone is not on PM's VoLTE whitelist.  By switching to T-Mobile's network manually I was able to have data, sms, and voice calling, because T-Mobile allows me to call over 2G as I understand it.  So I'm thinking you will be able to call over 2G if you use T-mobile for roaming

@willywonkers wrote:

I've seen a handful of threads on this, but none with any conclusion.  VoLTE does not work now that I'm on PM.  I realise that my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 - model SM-G960W) is not officially on PM compatibility list for VoLTE, but it's strange that VoLTE works seamlessly with Koodo.  

Question: has anyone actually got their S9 to work on VoLTE with PM?  

For the record, the phone is generally fully functional without... BUT, the following things concern me:

1. As per my experience (and confirmed by PM support), conditional call forwarding cannot work if not VoLTE enabled.

2. Worried that when I travel to the US, I won't be able to make voice calls because I believe they've suspended 3G networks there, which is what my phone calls back to without VoLTE.

If VoLTE is not possible with the S9 on PM, did anyone have recent experience overcoming the above 2 concerns with the S9?

VoLTE is definitely possible on this device at Public Mobile is Public Mobile chose to allow the connection.  Unfortunately for customers, a business decisions has been made to allow Public Mobile customers to only be able to use VoLTE on Public Mobile approved devices.

Need Help? Let's chat.