cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus compatibility

Micho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus phone compatible with Public Mobile?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Jattdesi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@softech You obviously didn't read what I read. 

@Jattdesi 

this is untrue.  There are lots of bands compatibility issue, especially some phones are not designed for North American market and people just bring in here themselves

On the other hand, Samsung flagship phones like the S series can be used in most countries

Jattdesi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Almost all unlocked phones from anywhere in the world are compatible for Voice and Text on 3G HSPA Network and also almost all phones from 2015 or so are compatible for LTE Data  but not all phones are VoLTE compatible.

Micho

Thank you so much for your help.

The OP said they are buying from a very reputable seller @hTideGnow 

So I guess yours, and my earlier suggestion, doesn’t really apply.

hopefully 🤞 

HI @Micho 

make sure you check the phone and it is clean

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@Micho 

Then you don’t need to worry about the phone being Blacklisted…Yes the Samsung S21 + will work with PM.

I had the S8, S8+, S9 and S22…all worked with PM.

Micho

Buying from a very reputable seller.

@Micho 

Are you buying it privately or from a third party retailer?

Are you buying the device secondhand from an unknown source or from a reputable seller such as a mobile store?

- check it out for blacklisting here ( below)  if used -

Bear in mind, if it is a private sale, the Blacklisting may not be updated until a few weeks after you’ve purchased it. This has stung many other customers so you need to 100% trust the seller.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/consumers/

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Micho wrote:

Thanks for your help. I just did a chat and it says that while it is compatible, it is not working. Any idea?

I am about to buy that phone, so I need to make sure it will work with Public Mobile.

Thanks again

@Micho Though the phone will work in Canada, without VOLTE , as indicated by @hTideGnow , you may have issues using USA roaming add ons or plans as 3G isn't supported in the US any longer. In Canada you should experience no issues. If you do go to the USA a data plan would still work.

Micho

Thanks for your help. I just did a chat and it says that while it is compatible, it is not working. Any idea?

I am about to buy that phone, so I need to make sure it will work with Public Mobile.

Thanks again

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Micho 

yes compatible with PM network but VoLTE does not work on this phone

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Micho wrote:

Is Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus phone compatible with Public Mobile?

Thanks

@Micho Yes it is. For VOLTE a different model of the S21 (FE) shows as working.

Need Help? Let's chat.