cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A11 compatibility

ElizabethButt82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am switching to Public Mobile and of course the phone I ordered for myself isn't on the compatibility list to check out. Thoughts?Screenshot_20201227-185827_Walmartca.jpgScreenshot_20201227-185759_Walmartca.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Cindybeam

The A11 is a newer phone so maybe the list is not updated , when you receive the phone you can check the compatibility with your Serial number 

Impressive specs for a $200 device. Solid brand, big screen with good resolution, Snapdragon 450 packs a whole ton of compatibility and supported features, cellmodem rated up to 300Mbps download and 150Mbps upload, wifi rated up to 433Mbps, surprisingly good add-on parts for camera and audio.

But I don't think 2GB DDR3-933 is really enough to run a Samsung-bloated Android 10 very snappy, especially since it's shared with the GPU and partitioned across up to eight processing threads. After a while there'll be sluggish response, UI lags, slow app launching and task switching, random app freezes/crashes, all sorts of frustrating little low-memory software glitches and issues.

And I don't think that puny old-tech battery has anywhere near enough oomphf to sustain the sort of power all the integrated hardware will draw. Won't take long before component performances are throttled by lower power mode, BT and WiFi radios might drop out a lot, random shutdowns/restarts, I think the thing will probably run hot and it will probably charge even hotter.

But it is a lot of sophisticated machinery for the price. Maybe "normal" users don't drive their devices as hard as I think. Seems robust enough for typical browsing, social media, light streaming - though not for heavy compute or gaming. And it seems to get generally positive reviews.

ElizabethButt82

Screenshot_20201227-193354_Walmartca.jpg

@computergeek541 It shows the Walmart item number which I guess means it came directly from Walmart

@ElizabethButt82 wrote:

I live about 6 hours from the nearest Walmart so no go lol

That's fine that you ordered online from the Walmart website. As long the page that you ordered from said that the product was being sold by Walmart, that ensures that you are getting the Canadian model with full Samsung Canada warranty.

ElizabethButt82

I live about 6 hours from the nearest Costco so no go lol

ElizabethButt82

I ordered this online but it's also available at my nearest Walmart. So I bought it directly from Walmart.

It will work. 

Should have checked out Costco though. Motorola's are on sale...

ElizabethButt82

That's perfect 🙂 😃 

@ElizabethButt82 wrote:

I am switching to Public Mobile and of course the phone I ordered for myself isn't on the compatibility list to check out. Thoughts?Screenshot_20201227-185827_Walmartca.jpg

Yes, this is compatible with Public Mobile. Walmart Canada wouldn't sell a cell phone device that wasn't compatible with the Telus network in Canada, specically a

Samsung device as they are an authorized retailer of these devices.  However, check if you are buying directly from Walmart vs. a third-party seller. Third party sellers can still be a good option too, but some may be importing devices from another country, meaning that the frequencies bands available may not be as good for use in Canada, and they may lack warranty. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ElizabethButt82 I believe Telus sells this so it should be good to go on PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.