cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN SIM

EDITH5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM card was stolen and I don’t have access to my online account. 
Please I need help canceling the number .

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EDITH5 

Contact customer support. Give them as much info as you can to verify ownership of the account. They can help you either finish setting up your self serve account or gain access to it. You will not be able to set it up or change a sim card if you don't have access to your sim card in a phone or for sim card changes your sim card and/or your email if that is also the case.

Have the CSA suspend your account via lost/stolen until you can purchase a new unactivated sim card to perform a sim card swap in your account. Again the CSA can do this for you if necessary.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EDITH5 

Why can’t you access your account?

Forgot your password?

As noted by others, contact the CS Agent to report the stolen phone & SIM. They will need your special PIN and phone number etc for the CS Agent to help you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@EDITH5 

After getting access to your self-serve account through the Customer Support Agents, make sure to mark your account as "Lost/Stolen" to temporarily suspend the account.  This will ensure the person who stole your SIM will have no access to your account services.

Then, locate a retailer that sells Public Mobile SIM cards (or go through Public Mobile or through Canadian Cell Supplies).

Then, you can use the Change SIM card feature on self-serve, enter your new SIM card number and then remove the account suspension.

Hope things work out for you!!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@EDITH5 wrote:

Thanks 

@EDITH5  - why don't you have access to your account?

Have you ever created one? If not, you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

IF you did create one before, try the Forgot your Password option here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

EDIT: once in your account, list your phone in lost/stolen status.

See instructions here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EDITH5 

call  1 855 4PUBLIC ... if you can remove your Autopay.

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@EDITH5 

Why don't you have access to your account. 

Don't contact the CSA just yet like advised above.

Do you know your email address and password you used to login to your account? Do you have access to a computer or another mobile device?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@EDITH5 wrote:

Thanks 

Do you usually pay with vouchers or with credit card on file ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EDITH5 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.