cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL NOT ACTIVTED FOR A WEEK

Tomorrrrow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when i port my No from  fido,for a week

after transfer , the Fido no is not in service and PM give a tempery No.

the tempery No is able to call in and out .while the fido no is out of woking 

19 REPLIES 19

Tomorrrrow

after submit ticket , 

last friday ,sure , Under the plan and adds on--- showed my old fido number . but when call in and out still showing the PM temperary number.

but today , it was  changed as PM number.

woow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tomorrrrow wrote:

What did you told PM moderator to do?  Fix your port  OR ask to get a PM number?

Fix my port, moderator did something really wrong.

always fixes my port

Great. 

Ask your moderator whether PM received your Fido number released by Fido.

Most importantly to ask moderator to restore your Fido number on your account so that you can call out to your friend an family.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Have a better and better day!

Tomorrrrow

What did you told PM moderator to do?  Fix your port  OR ask to get a PM number?

Fix my port, moderator did something really wrong.

always fixes my port

popping

@Tomorrrrow wrote:

it is active 

I understand now.  You Fido account was active before porting during activation.  Your Fido number was setup with your PM account so that you can call out and text out with your Fido number.  At this point, your Fido account was still active.  Please confirm.

After moderator working your port request, your Fido number in yopur PM account was replaced by a temporary PM number.  Your Fido account was closed.  

If yes, reply to the same moderator who worked on your port and find out what went wrong.  As soon as Fido release your account to PM, Fido will close your account.

What did you told PM moderator to do?  Fix your port  OR ask to get a PM number?

If Fix your port, moderator did something really wrong.

If ask to get a new PM number, it is your fault.  As soon as your replace your old Fido number, your Fido number is gone and your Fido account will be closed.

Tomorrrrow

it is active 

popping

@Tomorrrrow 

We need to know whether your Fido was active when you porting your number during your PM account activation.

@Tomorrrrow click on this link to the live chat for activation instead of waiting for moderators. they close in one hour

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00AM - 8:00PM EST

@Tomorrrrow 

It looks like Fido didn't these your number.

Please contact moderators to see if it can be fixed

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Tomorrrrow

NO, never speak to fido.until now

Tomorrrrow

yes .

after submit ticket ,  then the fido remove the old number account .

@popping , it seems that @Tomorrrrow closed the Fido account before porting. So the port couldn't be completed.

popping

@Tomorrrrow wrote:

remove the account by fido

Fido cancel your Fido account after you started your porting your Fido number to PM?

If yes, Fido had release your number to PM.

Create moderator support ticket to find out where is your Fido number.

You can also call Fido to confirm that your Fido number was released to PM.

Tomorrrrow

remove the account by fido

@Tomorrrrow maybe that's the problem.. did you cancel the Fido number or did it cancel by itself?

popping

@Tomorrrrow wrote:

Did you port your Fido number during your PM activation process?

If yes, something was went wrong.  Even if your Fido is partially ported to PM, your Fido number should be on your PM account.

Yes. 

Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Yes, On last friday it  showed  the old number ,But Now it showed the PM temper No .

During the whole process ,the fido number is not in service.

Did you canceled your Fido number before your PM activation?

Your Fido number must active before you can post your number to PM.

Something went very wrong.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

Tomorrrrow

If yes, something was went wrong.  Even if your Fido is partially ported to PM, your Fido number should be on your PM account.

Yes. 

Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Yes, On last friday it  showed  the old number ,But Now it showed the PM temper No .

During the whole process ,the fido number is not in service.

popping

@Tomorrrrow wrote:

If yes, something was went wrong.  Even if your Fido is partially ported to PM, your Fido number should be on your PM account.

If did not port your number to PM during activation, did you use send a private message to ask moderator assistant to port your Fido number to PM.  If yes, wait for moderator.  If no, do it ASAP from the other member instruction

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tomorrrrow wrote:

@Tomorrrrow  Something doesn't sound right. If you setup the port from Fido correctly then the temporary number gets replaced immediately with the Fido number. You will be able to make calls and send texts using the your PM sim with the Fido number but you will not be able to receive calls until the Fido number port is complete. A port should take no more than 4 hours max to complete.

My recommendation is to submit a ticket to PM ASAP, include all your port details and ask if they can investigate the port status.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Good Luck!!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Tomorrrrow Hello if your temporary p.m. number can both call and receive it seems like your port failed for whatever reason if you’re  fido Number did not port over  it’s probably too late but you can always speak to a moderator by clicking on the? Bottom right hand corner and asked to speak to a human good luck Sorry darn spellcheck LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.