cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS Only

RThomas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent in our Community

Hello. I’m seeing SOS Only on my iPhone. I’ve tried removing and reinserted SIM card, resting Network Settinngs and restarting iPhone without success. 

I’ve also confirmed our account is active and payments are op to date. 

Can you please help

9 REPLIES 9

@RThomas "I was able to confirm that the SIM card works in another iPhone."   Can you try another working sim card in your phone?   If your sim works in another phone then it could be your phone that has a problem.  If another working sim also has a problem with your phone then that could confirm it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RThomas 

Your iPhone is not reading the SIM.

A friend installed his SIM backward and had the same issue. His sight is not a good as he is approaching 70. Good thing he didn’t damage the SIM tray but did damage one corner of the SIM.

Make sure the 45° notch lines up with the notch on the SIM tray and reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@RThomas wrote:

@CS_Agentin our Community

Hello. I’m seeing SOS Only on my iPhone. I’ve tried removing and reinserted SIM card, resting Network Settinngs and restarting iPhone without success. 

I’ve also confirmed our account is active and payments are op to date. 

Can you please help

@RThomas , since your SIM Card works in another iPhone please check to see if your iPhone has a carrier settings update (Mine updated to 55.0)

If you haven’t yet update your iPhone to the latest iOS 17.0.3

I can’t think of anything else sorry 😔 

Tishsteele72

Having the same issue. Phone has worked for months with public mobile, randomly went into SOS and can't get it out.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Android phones have unwanted junk installed on them, too. If you happen to get a model and version that decides you aren't going to turn off features like SOS, Find My Device, or Amber Alerts then so be it, they will run (and they will consume your data) and you have no say in the matter.

But Android device owners with internet access (almost) always have the option to root or superuser. Bypass all the limited user privileges installed by some managerial at the phone factory. If you don't want SOS (or whatever) on your rooted device then you can disable or uninstall it like any other unrestricted app.

Alas, iOS devices don't really offer any options for rooting. They've designed a system where the evil, sinister, subversive, taboo practice of "jailbreaking" them basically lobotomizes half the features which make them useful and appealing. iOS devices are fantastic and innovative in many ways ... but the UI-locks and privilege-locks and account-locks are the deal breaker for me (and for many others).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @RThomas 

Go into the settings, then to Cellular, then to Network Selection and remove automatic. Then pick Public Mobile and reboot. Let us know if that works. 

RThomas

This is not a new phone, it has been used for quite some time with Public Mobile.

I was able to confirm that the SIM card works in another iPhone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RThomas is this a new iPhone you just got? for peace of mind, check if the phone is clean

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @RThomas is this a new phone or it works before?

you have another phone to test the sim card?

Need Help? Let's chat.