cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLVED) $15 plan

jcha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Edit: Got it! Thank you everyone for responding so quickly! 😯☺️

What happened to the $15 plan with 100 minutes and 250mb data? I don't see it on the main page anymore? I started the process of activating a while back but stopped at this page.

Screenshot_20230530-141542.jpg

Is it the same one?

19 REPLIES 19

CK26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Aaaand cancelled. Thanks for the advice everyone, I might revisit this again when the promos run out or I'm in a sudden need of more text messages.

CK26

Thanks for the details on the 4G, that explains maximum_gato's comment about losing the speed. I'm also a low usage customer, but have come close to running out of the 50 text messages with no other alternative for the needed communication and no way to up it. Just figured that since I'm paying $5/mo with all my rewards, upping to $7/mo is not a huge investment, but it is starting to sound like a minor waste, plus the loss of 4G data speed. Even more tempted to cancel that plan change now.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@CK26- The $10/$13 plan did not come with included data. The long-standing policy here is that data add-ons run at the speed of your plan data. There used to be a system here of picking the features you wanted and you could choose not to have some. ie. data. Then the policy was that buying add-ons on those accounts would run at full 4G speed. That's what we have with this plan. No plan data and data add-ons run at full 4G speed.

I have the same thing with my main account. Lots of freebie data and lots of freebie minutes. I don't worry. I also have another account that I've been using for data needs while mobile. Also on that plan. Lots of minutes but slowly dwindling data. When comes the time that it's out of data then I'll decide what to do with it. But the two of them give me 100 outgoing texts. Then to back that up I have a voip app also.

I had a third one but the spouse preferred not to think about the texts (adding - so that one is on the 15 plan).

I'm a low usage customer so I have no need to switch up to the $15 plan with what I have.

CK26

Come to think of it, I have about 10GB of old promo data left and about 2800 various types of promo minutes. Maybe if this $15 plan isn't going anywhere I should just cancel the change to reduce any risk of anything getting worse (which often seems to happen when you try to upgrade something/anything)...

CK26

Will be there a loss  of 4G data? I guess the current plan has no data included, so all I have is GBs worth that I accumulated from promos over the years. Wouldn't all of that have been 3G speed? Isn't 4G speed relatively new to PM, so it's unlikely I ever got it in those annual promos?

I don't currently get a lot of incoming calls, but it's because I'm on a 50 min plan and tell people not to call my cell. I thought I'd upgrade to the $15 plan to get unlimited texting and more minutes (and hopefully unlimited incoming) in case I start using my cell more and this plan (or its best features) eventually disappears.

P.S. I still have until Jul 4th (presumably) to cancel the plan change since that's when the next cycle starts, so if there is potential of losing something (like all that accumulated data or data speed or the old rewards system), then I could consider cancelling.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

It's stupid eversafe that doesn't remember trusted devices (even though it's listed in the account as a trusted device) forcing me to arrange a time for them send me the 2FA code. I haven't switched anyone yet that I have access to the email.

@maximum_gato- Well pull out the ruba535 and log in to their account and click the spinner then give them a call and connect and hang up and click that spinner. 🙂 Get on it, will you. 🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I have switched a referral down to the $15 plan and while accessing the account is a giant pain in the hip to confirm anything they certainly haven't mentioned running out of minutes.

Before I threw in the towel on the old US Roaming plan it had all kinds of details missing including data counters for the plan data. 

@CK26 

I think your safe but do you get a lot of incoming calls? 200 minutes worth? I'm finding the 3G data on my $15 plan frustratingly slow with pages timing out or the circle of death just going round and round. I often have to switch to free wifi at a retailer to access certain apps or load pages. If there's no free wifi I have to pull out my little A320 and use the 4G data from my $13 plan. 😁

Consider the loss of 4G speed data carefully it will cost a minimum of $39/30 days to get it back.

I was hoping that one of the regulars here would verify that the current, (adding - activated or changed to since) the new system, $15 plan, tested with an incoming call and saw no addition to the counter. I also have the $15 plan (and two $13 plans). One might say that upon renewing we all agree to the plan that got renewed and that maybe that plan is actually different but more likely stayed the same. I tested mine and the counter did not get incremented.

All regulars should be well aware that asking one agent one time is not conclusive proof of a fact. No other non-support employee has chimed in with any confirmation on this since the new system and one has been asked multiple times.

Adding - @maximum_gato - have you signed up or changed any accounts you're working with to the $15 plan since the new system? If so have you verified that incoming calls don't count?

@CK26 yup, I can confirm the $15 plan has unlimited incoming as my family has that plan too

Also another Commity member asked support and got the confirmation:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Is-15-plan-not-available-anymore/m-p/9917...

Here are the details of the $15 plan and what is included:
*100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes and Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes
*Unlimited International text and Picture Messaging
*250 MB 
*data speed 3G

CK26

I was on the old $13 plan that was 50 minutes (incoming and outgoing) and 50 outgoing text messages. Seems like everyone is sure unlimited incoming minutes are still included (at least as of a month ago), so decided to bite the bullet and spend the extra $2/month. Zero confirmation of unlimited incoming minutes at any point during the subscription change process. It should change on my next renewal date, so hoping it is still included!

@CK26- The company can't seem to be bothered to change the wording but fellow customers have tested and verified that it's still unlimited incoming. As I write this, am I certain those fellow customers changed to or activated on it recently? No. What plan are you currently on? Or are you new?

CK26

Does this still include unlimited incoming minutes like it used to? The only reference seems to be 100 mins, which implies incoming and outgoing, but I keep hearing (including very recently, but before these became "subscription plans") how it includes unlimited incoming minutes. Thinking of switching to this plan, but only if it includes unlimited incoming. Thanks!

SunnyJ123

If you log into public mobile on the website, both the two add on are visible there. Therefore the one you selected is the right one.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's there, when you go in to your My Account. 

But not there for a new customer activate. 

I have read that a work around is to buy a plan then change it with in your My Account 

I have also read that Jade referred to the $15 account as a legacy account (grandfathered?)

But once again not clear......I think the CTRC mandate to the big guys was to offer a $15 account. And it seems to me that Telus would comply by having that $15 account at Telus, Koodo or Public Mobile. 

My thinking, it is the $15 plan at Public Mobile. Any thoughts on that?

So has the CTRC mandate changed? If no, then........

HI @jordany   they never have the correct plan details there since the last "new" My Account

jordany

Yes. I think they're still working out the kinks... 

Screenshot_20230529_151022_Public Mobile.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jcha 

itis there, but you need to activate using the app

and you are using it.. and that is the correct $15 plan. you are there!! Go ahead and complete the Subscription

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jcha  If your activating and want plan you need to d so on the new PM app , otherwise it’s still there in your my account to change too 

Handy1_0-1685470690461.png

Need Help? Let's chat.