cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS from Public Mobile says I used Data but I didn't!

NinaM_775
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So today starts a new set of data. This morning I received a SMS message saying I used 75% of my data which is wrong because today is my new month. I look at my account and it say zero data. Why did I receive a message from Public Mobile saying I used 75% of data when I didn't! 

2 REPLIES 2

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NinaM_775 hi those messages are sent out in error often,if you have data just ignor the message and follow @esjliv  suggestions 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If you are checking your My Account, and it shows that you have data left (make sure you are refreshing your info with the little circle refresh button), then I would ignore those message. Public may have sent this out in error.

Also check that your phone is not set up to send you warning of data limits on a device level, or has a data limiter on it that will shut data off if it reaches a certain level.

If you do use your device to check data levels, ensure the start date is the same as your plan start date...remember plans are 30 days here, not monthly.

edit, if today is the first day of your new cycle, perhaps give your account more time to update today; the sms messaging may be 'behind the times'.

Need Help? Let's chat.