cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Not Working after Port on both of our numbers

TacomaKeith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported both my wife and my numbers over to Public Mobile and now we do not have the ability to send or receive SMS messages at all. I have tried turning phones on and off, reset network settings, turn iMessage on and off, kept iMessage off and tried just sending sms messages, but nothing has worked.

I tried all the possible solution in the forum, and then came across one user who had a response as follows, which solved their issue. It came from a "CS_Agent PM"

"My name is XXXXX and I will be happy to help you today.
Please restart your phone, I reset the SMS Center number.

If necessary, visit Settings, Reset, Reset Network, nothing else."

How do you get a a CS Agent to do this for your 2 numbers? I am dead in the water right now and have been since yesterday morning?

11 REPLIES 11

TacomaKeith

Thank you. They finally got back to me and the reset on both my number solved the issue.

Paul51

I had the same problem, it took a while before somebody responded.

Once you do get a response, they’re pretty nice and stay with you until it’s fixed.

It’s an easy fixed, they just have to refresh the system at their end and once they do that, you just have to restart your phone and it’s all good.

. If you have an apple phone, you should be able to text other Apple users via iMessages, that was the only way I was able to text until it was fixed.

Keep sending messages, somebody will answer.

Good luck. 

TacomaKeith

Well, 5 hours after messaging them for the 4th time still no reply!

TacomaKeith

Yes, I've been on it for 2 days and still nothing in the inbox. I can see the sent box messages but inbox empty

hi @TacomaKeith 

you checked the message here?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

message them again.  Many got that fixed within an hour.  It would be fixed today

TacomaKeith

48Hours later, 2 support tickets and posts to cs_agent snd still no response regarding my issue with no sms or iMessage possible after porting my wife and my numbers. Roger’s Winback team gave me a call yesterday and I'm thinking I should call them back. You don’t realize how important text messages are until you don’t have them. Didn’t realize all of the companies that authenticate using your mobile SMS. 

I get that PM has these great deals but if there is an important service issue they can’t fix in a timely fashion probably not really worth it. 
At this point I’m very unhappy I moved over to PM. 

Paul51

Yes, several times unfortunalty

HI @TacomaKeith 

you checked the community inbox?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

message support again now, they will reply today

TacomaKeith

Still no reply from CS Agent. Hope it is soon as we can't send or receive messages, or even receive bank authentication atm. Very Frustrated about this, and to hear it is happening to so many new users of PM.

TacomaKeith

Thank you. I have just sent a message

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TacomaKeith 

Yes, if only SMS an issue, it is a PM system problem with new activation.     PM is aware of the problem and can only fix the issue one account at a time.   

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.