cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM

Carrie71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am replacing my old phone with a new iphone - the SIM card is too small to fit into the new iphone. I would like to keep my current phone number if possible? Where can I get a new SIM card?

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Carrie71 best and easiest option would be to buy a new SIM card as @hairbag1 suggested and change the sim in your self serve account

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you have to older card your two options that don't involve buying the new one is going to any mobile store and ask them to punch it out, or if you have a steady hand cutting it out with the exacto knife (helps if you have somebody else's garbage card for making)

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Carrie71 the iPhones 5 to 11 all use the nano SIM, the smallest size. See link 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202645 

Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Carrie71 wrote:

I am replacing my old phone with a new iphone - the SIM card is too small to fit into the new iphone. I would like to keep my current phone number if possible? Where can I get a new SIM card?

@Carrie71 

Sim cards a tri-punch. If you kept the adapters then you just pop the sim back in and make the card a larger size.

If you don't have the adapters anymore you might be able to get them for free at any of the retail locations or you can purchase them on amazon or ebay.

tp.png

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Carrie71 wrote:

@Carrie71 Do you mean the other way round? What models do you have? 

Look at your current SIM. Does it look like this?

PM tri-sim.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Carrie71 wrote:

You can get a new sim card, then log into My Account / My Profile...then click Change Sim card.

Depends where you are but if you're in the west you can get a sim at London Drugs...otherwise check at Walmart for a new sim.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carrie71 Hi do you have any old Sim cards from any other suppliers all you have to do is punch out the pieces and use one of the other pieces to put your smaller nano Sim card in and then it should fit if you have any friends that have other Sim cards maybe you can ask them for one You just need a bigger piece

Need Help? Let's chat.