cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM

peterrabid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two phones with the same number two SIMS one registered how can I register the second SIM so that I may use both phones?

6 REPLIES 6

@captaincool @peterrabid 

Yes both phones will ring and all can talk like a conference call. 
Remember that both must be connect to wifi or use your data since TextNow is VoIP service.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@peterrabid   As already stated, you can't have two phones with the same number at the same time but you can switch sims from one phone to the other assuming physical sim and not esim.  Not sure why you want to do this but if it's so you can use a different phone on different occasions then just taking the registered sim out of one and putting it in the other would achieve what you want.  

On iPhone (and I think there are ways with Android) you can have all your Apple devices ring when the iPhone rings.  I don't know if that works for two iPhones but I know that I can set my  iPhone to ring simultaneously and be answered on my iPad.  I think you probably need to be on the same wifi for that though.  Another option is a voip app as @BKNS27  suggested but that would need a different number (unless maybe you can port your PM number to it).  I haven't used TextNow but I know you can forward Fongo calls to two phone numbers simultaneously.   

captaincool
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Never thought that could be possible to have 1 number for 2 different phones.  So when someone call, both will ring?? Can both be answered??

Not with Public Mobile @peterrabid 

Here, there's only one phone number assigned per SIM card per account.

peterrabid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t you have two phones on the same account?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@peterrabid 

I am not sure how 2 phones can have the same number because a SIM can only be registered to 1 account/1 number/1 email address.

You need to activate the second SIM with a different number and different email address. 

What you can do if you want 2 phones with the same number is to download the TextNow app on both phones and pick a secondary number then login with the same account on both phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.