cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM

maxma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what's the differents between Public Mobile Prepaid SIM Prepaid Phone - (Universal/SmartPhones) and  Public Mobile Triple Punch SIM Card for Unlocked Phones on Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans。 I have a iphone 7, and I want to join $15 plan for calling only, is it ok to use prepaid sim?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@maxma 

Both SIMs are the same and they will work on your iPhone 7 with no issues on 4G/LTE.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maxma - If it is a Public Mobile SIM card that is not used, then you can use any Public Mobile SIM card.

The first one you listed that is brand new with a $5 discount. Some have gotten rotten eggs aka bad SIM's from that listing, but it may be worth a $5 discount.

With the Triple Punch SIM card it is just like the first one but I believe it is actually sold by Public Mobile.

And yes, iPhone 7 will support both SIM's as both have the triple punch cutouts and your phone will need the nano SIM card (The smallest punch out.)

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@maxma  You just need to get a Public Mobile sim from a Telus/Koodo store (call them to check for stock first), Amazon has them also and is quicker shipping than buying it direct from Public Mobile. The triple punch means that the sim card comes in three sizes and you just remove the outer rims if necessary to fit the particular phone.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Ummm... nothing? A SIM card is a SIM card. When you get the card there are three different sizes. You just punch out the size on the card you want. That easy. Just make sure you order the card from Amazon not Public Mobile as it will take up to 3 weeks to get in the snail mail with zero tracking.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715956890132.jpeg

The iPhone 7 uses the Nano card.

Need Help? Let's chat.