cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM to eSim

Dennis2109
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I love it that PM finally switched to the eSim option. Well done!!!

I tried to find in my account the possibility to switch from regular sim to eSim. That would be so handy for having my poetste sms business plan in my phone. 

But I can’t find it. Can you please tell me how I switch? 

8 REPLIES 8

RedRock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm looking to move to an esim phone.  Can I migrate my physical sim to the new esim?  

If yes, how?

If no, what are my options?

Dennis2109

As far as I know, eSim is not yet possible for existing customers. PM promised they would inform as soon as that is the case. And that has not happened yet.

BarbDanielsen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any update as to when it will be available to existing customers? I need a new sim and would prefer and esim.  Thanks.

Dennis2109

In my humble opinion, it truly should not be an issue to offer eSim to existing customers. When I want a new Sim Card because the old one is not working properly anymore, then I can just order one in my account without any problem. Why is that then not possible with eSim? This looks like halve a solution to me. But who am I? I can transfer my number to another company, make a new PM account and then transfer my number back. But then I loose all benefits which I have built up and I loose all my add-ons and rewards in my account. Which is too bad and therefore I won't do it either. I love PM too much to leave, but I am confused though... 

Dennis2109

That does not work. It appears that currently PM only offers eSim to new members. Which basically means, that if I want this, that I transfer my number to another prepaid temporarily, then make a new account with eSim and then transfer my number back to PM. Which does not make sense to me. Because after being a customer of PM for several years, then I loose all what was built up and I have to start from scratch. It truly should not be an issue to offer eSim. When I want a new Sim Card because the old one is not working properly anymore, then I can just order one; no problem. Why is that not possible with eSim? This looks like halve a solution to me. But who am I. I love PM too much to leave, but I am confused. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis2109 wrote:

I love it that PM finally switched to the eSim option. Well done!!!

I tried to find in my account the possibility to switch from regular sim to eSim. That would be so handy for having my poetste sms business plan in my phone. 

But I can’t find it. Can you please tell me how I switch? 

@Dennis2109 ,

the response I received from a CSA,

“We apologize if some of the steps to complete certain action are not functioning to the optimal capacity right now. We are launching this new release of operation & by experience there are going to be certain aspect of process which may not work. This happens with new release of technology to a system.

As I was writing this to you, I inquired to the moderator of the release & she said that in fact the esim are only available for new activation for the moment on the APP. Sorry that we do not have it available for you at the moment.

Again, this is a new release & upgrades are still coming & hopefully the esim will be available for existing clients very soon.”

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try using the mobile app - when i was signing up a new account today if offered me to buy a e-sim for $5 as an option - unsure if it would allow purchase of e-sim for existing account...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dennis2109 not yet for existing customers.  For now, only need activations can have eSIM.  It will come to us, but not this moment:(

Need Help? Let's chat.