cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM temporarily unavailable

nanaroo_17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the weirdest situation! My Pixel 3a XL was working beautifully on the PM network with the eSIM. I went to work and went to a physical location in the building where the connection tends to be spotty. My network reception completely went to zero, and the PM network is grayed out in my settings and marked as temporarily unavailable. I tried multiple eSIMs with CS_Agent and these failed. I tried a new real physical SIM, which temporarily worked, but when curiously when I went into the same physical location that made the problem happen with my eSIM, the same thing happened! Now regardless of where I go, including areas that I previously had good reception, the PM network if "temporarily unavailable." I've tried removing and re-inserting the SIM multiple times. CS_Agent has reset the SIM card. Rebooting the phone and resetting network settings on the phone have not helped. I am going crazy - any other tips? It's a shame because I was quite happy with PM until now

4 REPLIES 4

HI @nanaroo_17 in Canada, the 2G won't work, just a matter or 3G or 4G

but it is only an issue at work?  it it is one particular place, it is a network dead spot.  It happens.

@nanaroo_17 it is not unusual that if the phone losses signal, you might need to reboot even you moved away from the no signal area

Do you have another phone to test the sim to confirm??

nanaroo_17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @hTideGnow 

The phone is Pixel 3a XL. It's not just a network issue; when I leave the dead spot to places I've had no issues with reception, the issue remains. In the settings, it's marked as "temporarily unavailable".

I don't have an alternative phone to try the SIM card in, unfortunately. 

I've tried switching to 3G and 2G.

No one else seems to have the issue! Do you think it is an issue specific to my phone? It's so strange that the SIM card would work totally well without issues and then suddenly completely fail

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nanaroo_17 

What phone do you have?

You sure it is not a network issue?? It sounds to me just a "dead spot"  Every provider has some dead spot

You tried your physical sim on another phone in that same location?? 

And change to different network mode 5G ,  LTE and 3G, 

Anyone you know in that location use Bell or Telus or PM?? They have same issue?

Need Help? Let's chat.