cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM no longer working

mleger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a sim on another account that is no longer working and I can't sign into that account because I can't retrieve the code being sent to my phone because the SIM isn't working. Can someone reach out to me to get this resolved?

19 REPLIES 19

@Grik77 wrote:

It would seem that my son has lost his SIM and didn't want to admit it and gave me an old SIM he had found. I'll have to order a new one. Thanks all for the help.

Depending on how old the son is...let him be responsible for ordering the sim. Cost is mere $5.

@Grik77- The truth will out. 🙂 Have a look at the Pick up a sim card link down below and see if you have any stores near you to get one rather than waiting for delivery. Call ahead. Then send the kid out on his bike and public transport to get it and use his allowance.
When you get one you just log in and change it in the account.

@Grik77 wrote:

It would seem that my son has lost his SIM and didn't want to admit it and gave me an old SIM he had found. I'll have to order a new one. Thanks all for the help.

@Grik77 , ahh ok now it makes sense! Thank you for updating us!

Edit: Amazon has them on sale for $4.99 with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Which get delivered pretty quickly!

Public Mobile Prepaid SIM Prepaid Phone - (Universal/SmartPhones), Packaging May Vary : Amazon.ca: E...

Grik77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@mleger , this may be a dumb suggestion since the rest hasn’t worked but have you tried resetting network settings then rebooting the phone?

@Grik77- What happened to mleger? 🙂

Since you can log in, go to profile and hover over or click the eye symbol for the sim # and look at the physical card to see if the numbers match.

Grik77

We've powercycled a few times over a few devices

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mleger 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off then power back on.

Grik77

SOS is the error and No service

Grik77

Because the phone says there is no service on any device that I put the SIM into it.

@Grik77 wrote:

Thanks I am back into the account and the service says it's on but I cannot determine why the SIM service isn't working anymore

What makes you say the sim isn't working ? Is the account Active or Suspended ? Dial 611 from that cell,  to hear plan status. Can you call, text or use data ?

@Grik77 

so, you have the same result when the sim is in another phone?  What error you got? SOS? SIM not provisioned?

sim cards rarely fail, but if you like like, you can first message support for them to investigate further or ask them to reimburse you the cost of a new sim card for replacement:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Grik77

We have.

@Grik77 

Put the sim card in another phone and test.  Before putting the sim in, make sure you wipe it clean

Grik77

Thanks I am back into the account and the service says it's on but I cannot determine why the SIM service isn't working anymore

@mleger 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

mleger

also when I try to resend code only text and voice message are available for that account.

mleger

I have always paid for the account since we created but we took away the device from my son for a bit and recently turned the device back on and it won't reconnect to the mobile network.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mleger 

did you try the sim in another phone to confirm it is not a phone issue?  Or maybe the account was suspended?  when was the last time you paid the account?

you can still login My Account by asking the code to send to the email, On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.