cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM issue / Ported number not working after 5 hours

DaddyLife11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I purchased a public mobile SIM today to activate my new plan however the activation process indicated an " E SIM" I would like to transfer my account to the SIM I purchased as I would like to change my phone. I also ported my previous number as I am changing providers and I am unable to get any one time passcodes to access my public mobile app. Can you please check the status.

5 REPLIES 5

@DaddyLife11 

Did you try putting the SIM into other phone to see if it works?

If it does then it could be your phone, suspended account due to nonpayment or a provisional issue with your SIM which you will need to contact a CS_Agent to fix.

@DaddyLife11 

you can message support to open ticket

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But at the same time, we would like to help.
Is that a new activation?  did you request port in?
Can you even make outgoing calls?

If you are porting your number, did you reply a text to your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins?  If you miss that, the porting was not completed and hence you are not receiving incoming calls.  There is a number you can call to talk to live support and re-trigger the process.  I will message you the number, please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

if you are not new to PM, incoming calls and text were working fine before and just not working now, try to :

• reboot your phone once.  
  • reseat your sim card (Power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up)
  • change your Preferred Network Type or Network Mode on your phone to 3G Only (or WCDMA)
  • Try to click Reset all networks and see if it helps (please note it will also delete your saved Wifi connections, but you can easily add them back later)
  • if you have another phone, put your sim card in that other phone and test
  • use your phone in another area, it could be a local network issue

@DaddyLife11  Yes here’s how 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DaddyLife11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Can someone please assist me with opening a ticket ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DaddyLife11 

for your eSIm issue, did you get to the eSIM installation step  Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself.  If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  i

If it still does not connect, click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.