cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM cards

deejay69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I did a hard reset on my iPhone 11 yesterday, the eSIM did not get restored from the iCloud backup. I no longer have the QR code that initiated my eSIM so I went to buy a new one online but got an error message stating my device was incompatible. So I've been trying to purchase a SIM card to be mailed to me for hours because the Public Mobile website just keeps me going around in circles. I log in to my account and choose to buy a new SIM card but it asks me to log into my account again before filling out the mailing address. When I attempt to do that I get an error message saying there is either no record of my email address or the address or password do not match. The frustration is overwhelming. My attempts to submit a ticket to a Customer Service Agent are stymied by the same issues as described above. Can anyone help me with this, please?

2 REPLIES 2

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@deejay69   Delivery of physical sim cards from Public Mobile can take from days to weeks.  If you want one quicker you can buy them at Telus/Koodo corporate stores (call to check for stock first) or order from Amazon.  Hopefully you have got the esim working by now, but just an FYI if you still want to get a physical sim instead.

@deejay69 wrote:

When I did a hard reset on my iPhone 11 yesterday, the eSIM did not get restored from the iCloud backup. I no longer have the QR code that initiated my eSIM so I went to buy a new one online but got an error message stating my device was incompatible. So I've been trying to purchase a SIM card to be mailed to me for hours because the Public Mobile website just keeps me going around in circles. I log in to my account and choose to buy a new SIM card but it asks me to log into my account again before filling out the mailing address. When I attempt to do that I get an error message saying there is either no record of my email address or the address or password do not match. The frustration is overwhelming. My attempts to submit a ticket to a Customer Service Agent are stymied by the same issues as described above. Can anyone help me with this, please?

Check your e-mail inbox as Public Mobile may have e-mailed a copy of the QR code.  If you still need a customer support agent after checking for that, please send a private message to CS_Agent.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.