cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

albertehmann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered the public mobile SIM card and tried to put it into my iphone 12, but it is too big.

What do I do?

20 REPLIES 20

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabrwell maybe we should just leave it at that , and continue the discussion there if and when it gets moved if ever. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   Lol...I've a feeling most of this thread (quite rightly) will soon get "lounged".. 😁

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  Yea well move over make room cos me either lol 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   We all had a learning curve although some seem to get the hang of things very quickly (not me!).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  At the end of the day we here to help people , so I think we should be helping each other help the frustrated people that are are frustrated in the first place to have to come here and get the help I feel like I’ve stepped into a world that’s unlike any other I’ve known I’m not even good with computers I have smart phone I just learned how to copy paste couple weeks ago on my phone …. Thru 14 year old daughters help …. Heck my newest x box hooks up to internet with smart tv I had my daughter set that up so all I had to do was hit tv on remote to get my video games playing ,,, I’m old school. RCA old if anything this whole experience is getting me better with just even my phone .. I’ll never own pc or lap top cos I haven’t any use for one . I’m not on social media or anything like that this is close to a social media page as I’ve ever been navigating besides maybe Kijiji … last month I’ve spent more time using phone like a pc …. Typically I’m that weirdo that still uses his phone as an actual phone lol 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1    I think I was just making a general observation about forum etiquette and probably shouldn't have tagged your post with my response, but like I said earlier, just give credit to whoever the link/image was taken from as generally speaking we all take ideas from others and also learn something in the process, I hope. 

Yep, there's no way to keep track of who may be the original poster for some ideas around here was unless they specifically created a thread with a how to.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr @Wow lots of people stopped by this thread again already I’m shocked , but how dose one know  who image his who’s the main one I borrowed I ask to do so it that was fine … but then after so many links pics and what not how dose one keep track and give credit to it as you say , I’m confused on that part because I don’t see People add pick n say courtesy of 

Neither do I @dabr , generally.   

Most around here have an appreciation for other user's 'works'. (if we can call them that...)

It's when a 'borrower' borrows everyone else's stuff, doesn't give credit where credit is due, nor takes the time to contribute their own creativity to the public domain.

That's where it gets old... 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@HALIMACS 

everything posted here is public domain, go for it.

@hairbag1 

Still good etiquette to give credit, where credit is due.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Everyone occasionally borrows (and learns) a little here or there from other users' earlier suggestions, advice or tips  and/or copying a link or image, however, as long as credit is given to the original user (who may also have borrowed it from a ealier poster), then I don't really see a problem with it.

@dust2dust  I don’t even know what water marks are I’ve heard of it once since being here , but at the end of the day i don’t even know what more to say about that other than , life’s like a box of chocolates! LOL

Edit but I admire the fact you take the time to be reading this far.back , good catch ! Feels like the who early renewal post had sometime back … I wish I knew how to add the part in my post that  add what so n so said then my reply … and how to tag whole threads and bring them into the current post  

@hairbag1  Your the man , grounded secure all around classy guy here folks , give it up for @hairbag1

@HALIMACS 

everything posted here is public domain, go for it.

Hey, it's a great graphic, @hairbag1 

Mind if I use it?   Or do you know the 'author' of it otherwise?

@HALIMACS 

naw...I searched for info on sim cards in previous posts and found this handy reference.

I didn't realize you already posted a visual...takes me awhile to find things I guess.

@hairbag1 

Curious - did you pop out a SIM card from the card packaging and remove the outer adapters?

Great graphic!!!

😊

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@albertehmann 

Gently pop off the outer adapters.

HALIMACS_1-1674254372998.jpeg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@albertehmann  It’s a 3 hole punch for different size sim trays there should be a flat edge and fit flush in tray no lifting or rising and push all the way in 

edit should be smallest size nano sim size 

Need Help? Let's chat.